Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Remove current Song from Playlist

Hi

This is a usability improvement for the Mobile devices. Sometimes I want to remove songs from a playlist. This is currently quite a long task to perform on the mobile device.

1. I first have to select the right playlist.
  2. Then I have to locate the song, which is not listed alphabetically. They are listed in the order I built the playlist with the oldest first and newest last.Some of my playlists have up to 900 songs in them and scrolling slowly can be difficult and timeconsuming.
  3. Then click on the "pencil" icon and  delete the track I don't want.

I think it would be a better user experience if we could delete songs as easy as it is to add them to a playlist. 

So here's a suggestion for the mobile app, look there's even a space for it on the info page! Smiley LOL

Spotify Delete Track Idea

Cheers

J

UPDATE 3 June 2017

I have been contacted by user eviljojo22 who has developed a Plugin that creates a playlist named "Remove from Spotify" and every 45 minutes minutes it deletes every song in it and also in every playlist in which that same song appears (which may not be what you want). However, this is an option that may help you before Spotify gets round to providing this very simple function. Good luck (and Thank you EvilJojo22)

Connect on https://spotify-playlist.eivo.fr

UPDATE 7 February 2019

I have been contacted by user bamboony who has developed an android app that might solve the problem in the short term:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bamboomy.delete.deletespotifytrack

UPDATE 15 February 2022

They delivered! This feature now exists. Click the three dots while playing a track and select the option "Remove from this Playlist"

Spotify.jpg

Updated on 2022-07-19

Hey folks, 

If you'd like to remove the song that's currently playing on Android devices, you can quickly get to it by tapping the title of the playlist (located in the top center of the screen). This will open the playlist and the current song will be highlighted in green. From there, you can tap the three-dot menu and select "Remove from this playlist". 

Capture1.PNG           Capture2.PNG 

We'll keep this idea open and if there are any updates about adding a remove song button to the menu on the 'Now Playing View' or if we have some news regarding this option on iOS devices, we'll post them here. Remember that you can still add your votes here if this is something you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Comments
KeSoze2

Spotify, are you listening?? This has been driving me absolutely nuts.

I have a playlist of 2800 songs, about 75% of which are great, but the rest I added to check out and many of these are terrible. Yet when I'm on the go or at the gym or driving and one of the bad songs comes on, I don't just want to skip it, I want to DELETE it -- and therefore keep making my list better and better -- but there's no way to do it!

Yes, I can try to remember the song's name and then go back to the playlist and scroll down 1000+ songs trying to find it, but WHY isn't there simply an easy "remove from playlist" button available when you're listening to any song? PLEASE ADD!!

Otherwise love you guys. Thanks.

msnu

This still is a sorely needed feature.

Not only songs but artists and albums should be easily deletable. Like in iPhone's default media player just sliding on an album or song to delete should be enough. I shouldn't be wasting my time browsing menus to simply delete one thing.

Spotify why won't you listen? We need this!!
alexmacleod

Please make this possible soon! This proposed solution is more than 2 years old. It's exactly what I want from spotify playlists.

minoglie

This needs to happen!

I like added every album of an artist and then removing the song I dont like. 

This allows me to fulley listen to an artist.

I have this system on itunes and it works well for me.

This request was posted 2 years ago and I think it is a quick fix as a developer, so come on Spotify!

Chris75012

Wow. I came to this forum to find a simple solution. Thought I was just too dumb to find this "delete" button. Now I understand that this has been brought to the attention of Spotify for 3 years. Without any action or even just reaction. That is...lack of respect. Probably to go and see how things look on the Deezer side... 

Unis303

OMG Spotify why are you not doing what you are expected to do!

The delete function "swipe" from l to r or from r to l was available, and now it's gone! Why do we need to scroll a playlist select edit and then delete? it is so frustrating, we are living in 2014 not in the year 2000!!!

brirob24

Come on Spotify you usually listen to your users! Can we at least get some acknowledgment this is even being considered ? If you can easily add a delete function from within the playlist itself then surely its easy to add it to the now playing screen ? Or at least how about a "show in playlist" function that takes you to the track so you can delete it then? 

benlind
This is definitely needed. Removing songs from the current playlist is one of the biggest issues I have with the mobile client, and having it as an option would be great.