Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
humbearto

It really is wild how this feature is still being requested all these years later and is still being ignored. Yet for some reason, we're getting **bleep**ing podcasts. Who asked for podcasts? I will shed no tears if Spotify runs out of VC money and goes bankrupt. Respect your core audience. 

Audioplayer

This feature was the one workaround to the stupid 10,000 song limit within a single playlist for those that want extremely large playlists so they can have them on shuffle mode. Why is Spotify so lame? All they do is work on frivolous things and remove great features they already had! Get with it and respect your customers Spotify!

csky

This option should not even be considered Great, it should be considered normal, standard, usual, common, ordinary, regular.

That's what it is on other services.

This way, Spotify could as well makes us go back to LP standard times and let us turn the records from A side to B side every 20 minutes or so.

I am sorry to say, that I have cancelled my subscription, again, and this time I won't return as a paying customer. Bye...

fdleone
But it is so much better than creating a huge playlist. With individual playlists (of artists) in a folder collecting them, say, "bands of the 60s", moving playlists in and out is simple and fast. But with a huge playlist (>10K), removing albums or artists is time consuming, tedious and impractical.

I can't see any reason for deactivating this feature on mobile devices. I use it a lot on the desktop app.
Youweiparra

I would like to have 26520 songs on shuffle
Lets me explore songs like crazy.

Or let us have 10K+ sized playlists.

Also, why does Spotify always remove a great feature
Only for users to complain like crazy about it.

Danno53

Here is my take....

When I listen to a playlist that contains individual tracks I don't want to hear the same rotation each time. I want the playlists to either default to shuffle or at least let me skip to the last track played. Albums are another thing entirely. When I listen to an album I want that in the original track order. If I can't have this scenario then paying a subscription fee makes no sense.

666ThoR

So many requests for this since 2017 and still it is on "not right now". So when?

I am using the desktop client a lot, where this feature is a default one, just as you would expect it. But then I found out that folder management nor shuffle is available on iOS nor Android.

So I was looking for a fix or improvement request, and am very sad to find out the offical answer.

Please get this one working soon.

Cheers

Danno53

Such a simple and (to me) important feature.

Not waiting around anymore. I have cancelled my subscription.

jasonv59

I think it's essential to be able to shuffle or play tracks within multiple folders. This is especially useful when creating playlists that contain local files and you want to play them along with other on-line tracks. It's too bad it was removed. Was that a popular "idea"?

Artexso

Please kill me already

Every day is suffering

When I am not shuffling