Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Increase the amount of pins available in Your Library

Wow. Spotify is a mess now. And one more thing to add to the list: you can only pin FOUR items (playlists, podcasts) in "Your Library". I'm trying to use the pins to organize my library so that I try and make this new design actually work for me, and then I quickly encounter the error message: 

"You're out of pins. You can only have 4 items pinned at once."

FOUR??? Why only four? What sense does that make? I guess Spotify isn't making a product for people who like to listen to lots of music and podcasts, they're just making it for people who have a maximum of four playlists or podcasts that they listen to. If I had so few things I listened to, I wouldn't be paying for Spotify Premium. 

Pro Tip: you should fire anyone who was leading this new design overhaul. They clearly are trying to sabotage your company. 

Updated on 2022-08-07

Hey! Looks like your idea is on the road again! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to reach more users and grows fast.

Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
perspectiveperspecti

I personally dont care about "pins".. All I want to see is a list of "Artists " in "Your Library".... I dont know how that got missed.. I guess that's what happens when you try to re-invent the wheel! (Which I tend to do alot myself, so sorry if this is offensive to anyone in the creative process). Thanks in advance.

Ym777

Please increase the pins! It’s an easy task for you guys! I don’t get why it’s taking so long!

Szarkee

I despise Spotify for these completely idiotic "features" or bugs or bad designs or whatever you want to call them. They have so many that I've ran across over the years. What's even more infuriating is this absolute BS of "well we didn't get 50 votes within 60 days" or whatever the **bleep** it is so we're going to ignore THIS TOTALLY OBVIOUSLY STUPID design decision. Good job Spotify. Trash podcast app.

Gabriel99

Either make the pin limit higher, or simply let us drag and place the playlists/podcast in the order we'd like.

2-7lma_dlqfop

You gave us four pins, really how hard is it to give us more, I make a lot of playlists, but like to keep some at the top- 'some' being an undefined number, but what is the point of only four! I thought it was so cool until I ran out... Ridiculous 

Guitar_Man_15

SERIOUSLY!! It’s so ridiculous that they’d only allow four…. Why only four pins?? I have a bunch of playlists and want to be able to quickly access more than just 4 (instead of always having to scroll down or type them into the search bar). What a terrible update. It just keeps getting worse and worse the more I use it, honestly.

whitey0409

I do not understand what Spotify gains by NOT allowing more than 4 pinned playlists. Countless posts have been created to request the limit be increased, ALL of which were immediately closed because “a post already exists”, and just refer you to a single request from a year ago.

I took the time to draft up a Pros/Cons list of allowing more than 4 pins to hopefully clear up some hesitation here.

Pros:

- Users can conveniently pin many different playlists in their library for convenient access to all their music

Cons:

bugc1

there needs to be more than 4 pins I make way too many playlists and can’t find them PLEASE this is ridiculous 

2-7lma_dlqfop

Increase the number of pins! Please!

bdazzld

Pin increase please