Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Import & Export Music

I love my playlists. I've added to my starred playlist for about two years now, and I always wonder what I'd do if my playlists were somehow wiped. So how about something that would rest my mind, the ability to back up your playlists to say, a text file containing all your songs, and then you can import your playlist if it somehow goes missing! This would be an ace feature as I see some people are having issues with duplicate accounts and their playlists being wiped.

This would also making sharing playlists between friends even easier!

TL;DR: Let us export our playlists to a text file, and then import our playlists whenever we like.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
eoliason

With the import feature, I will be able to import playlist from my preferred radio hits 😍

Demou

My dear Spotify friends. Google is retiring their Play Music service this year, so maybe this is the right time to implement this feature and implement more customers

hans-jürgen

In related news Last.fm offers an improved playlist feature which also allows to import and export playlists from and to Spotify, YouTube and Apple Music. So you can create e.g. a playlist from your personalised Last.fm Mix, Library or Recommendations radio and export it directly to Spotify where you can listen to it on all devices now.

Importing Spotify playlists is easy as well, e.g. for your Discover Weekly or Release Radar, but also any other playlist up to the maximum Spotify limit of 10k tracks. Creating new playlists from scratch are limited to 250 tracks.

caisa77

I don´t give a f about importing music into Spotify, I just want to be ably to export my mixed lists (for example) into a simple txt file. For the future. I have had Spotify from the beginning, lets say a good 10 years - I have no idea what I have i those lists. If they disappears... I´m toast. 

From the three dots in a playlist where you can share, make public, download, delete etc - why don´t have one option: export to txt??? It can´t be that hard.

steelo
@caisa77 and others: to export all your spotify music as a text file list,
you can do it 1 playlist at a time - as in playlist by playlist / or you
can create a new "all music" playlist in spotify, open each of your
existing playlists and select all tracks within it.
Then drag and drop the tracks into your newly created playlist.
This will create one big playlist with every track from every playlist.

Once you've got your "all music" playlist compiled go to:
https://www.spotlistr.com/export/spotify-playlist and use it to convert the
playlist to a simple text format list which you can use as your backup.
CalebPope

How about now haha! Im looking at transferring my subscription from soundcloud, but it would take hours, if not multiple days to transfer 100+ hours of music, and I do not see a point in it unless theres a simple account transfer tbth

hans-jürgen

Probably TuneMyMusic and Soundiiz are able to do that, i.e. with SoundCloud as the source and Spotify as the target for your playlists. Free Your Music is a downloadable app that can also do that, the others are online tools.

CarlosAcuna

I recently attended an event with great music, and then they shared a file with the names of the songs, artist and albums.

There are over 250 songs and I don't have the time to search one by one.. is there a way to search (and add to a playlist) for a list of songs? I can provide the csv, excel, or sheets file.

Thanks!

hans-jürgen

On some of the mentioned playlist converter sites you can simply upload your text or csv file.

rdepoty

That would be great. I have dozens of playlists that I created in iTunes for my devices. I'd love to be able to export a CSV from Itunes and import them in to Spotify. Then have the Spotify system match up the songs (would really just need to use the artist, track and album info).  Spotify could provide you a list of what the system was unable to match, possibly with a list of suggested replacements because maybe the album is different or the track name is spell slightly different or they don't carry that artist. 

This would make it much easier for me to step away from using my itunes at all any more.