Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Tag Music

It'd be awesome to be able to add my own tags to all of my songs in playlists, so I can easily and specifically sort my songs how I like.

Should be a pretty simple tool to implement.

Thanks

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Dolodin

At this point, 8 years later, I'd like to add that I listen to a LOT of ambient music while I'm working / thinking / sleeping, and I would like very much to still receive Spotify curated recommendations for "normal" music. This system would, ideally, let me say "don't show me music with the tag 'ambient'" or something like that..

Dolodin

response.png

I think we can all read between the lines and determine that this isn't going to happen **bleep**

bluburro77

please add this damn it, we're  in 2020

Conchas

I wish such tagging feature so much, that I feel Spotify is not worth without it!

I'd prefer to have one single playlist (lets say my favorites library) and then being able to apply multiple tags to which music.
This way I could filter my library at any moment with one my private tags, to listen for instance music from 2005, from the 90s, from a certain mood that I've pre-tagged them with, or even the musics to which I've not assigned a tag yet.

How to transition from limited playlist functionality into this tag heaven?
Just merge into one single playlist every music in all my playlists, removing the duplicates, and apply the respective playlists' name where they currently are, as automatically generated tags. Then I'll do my own arrangements that I may find necessary! 🙂

Without own tags I won't become a premium member for sure!

Thanks! Please!!

dageka

My music library is growing by the day and it's getting more and more frustrating to keep everything organized. That non-answer on twitter by "SpotifyCares(not)" unfortunately kinda says that we won't see this. 8 years passed and there isn't even a statement about if they are considering it or not.

john_n_charee

I'm very dissatisfied by the lack of anything other than a bot response by Spotify management on this issue. I, like others, are becoming increasingly frustrated by the lack of any sign that this will be addressed. Of course there are no other options... at the moment. I do know there is a major gap in functionality and customer satisfaction. When/if another slightly less "cool" application comes along, the investors in that company will be EXTREMELY happy as they watch their revenue go through the roof and SPOT starts to take a tumble. Will it be too late then?

To a certain extent, I get it. Spotify's infrastructure appears to be wrapped entirely around playlists. Making a change that would allow users to tag their own music may impact their operations, pay structure, or require an extreme codebase rewrite. Until it hits them in the pocketbook a change is very unlikely to happen.

I used to think Spotify had the world's best development teams. Now I wonder if it is their development, management, bottom line money managers, or a combination of all above. It can't be the developers. It just can't.

I do know that I'm starting to listen to music on Spotify less and less because of this very issue. As I stated before, I would be willing to pay an additional .50-1.50 USD per month more for this functionality. I just don't understand why the issue cannot even get some high-level traction within the company.

Every time I use Spotify... still one of the coolest interfaces and applications around... my first thought is "Man... I wish I could play my chill, no word, upbeat tunes that I have scattered across 15-20 playlists." Frankly, I'm tired of playlists and more tired of trying to build them.

Come on man!

Peace.

djMaximizer

cool idea, thanks to 4 tags, we could choose a genre, bpm, energy and mood.

That is, when we like a track, we mark it with 4 levels of tags and then we can easily select tracks by mood

thomasasus888

do it. everybody else has it already. you are behind.

Piraengu

genius idea. Listen to your tags instead of a playlist would also be a solution to mix up different playlists.

the status is sad.

Conchas

It is more than 8 years since this idea was raised here, and Spotify didn't find yet the opportunity or the need to implement. Just a "not for now..." six years after. 😛
This would extremely increase the user experience, is that so hard to see?