Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Spotify for Nintendo Switch

I know the hardware is relatively new, but I STRONGLY feel it could benefit both Spotify and Nintendo if an app was produced for the Nintendo Switch.

Thanks for listening.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it (don't have any immediate plans to implement this).

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
Jacob
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Nice idea! Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search 🙂

Maanwel

I would love to see that as well, but I'm afraid it's impossible since Xbox One still doesn't have Spotify.

If I recall correctly, Spotify has an exclusive partnership with Sony (PlayStation).

Edit: This deal seems to be over, and I would love to see Spotify on my Nintendo Switch!

jlco

Would it be acceptable for me to mention I opened a suggestion nearly identical to this a month and a half ago?

Also, it may be true that Spotify has an exclusive partnership with Sony. (Then again, look at how randomly they dumped Musixmatch. They said they were going to improve lyrics- a year later, a lyrics service has been filed away as something that Spotify is failing to provide.)

I really hope Maanwel is wrong, but I have a feeling he is right...

Craftierspace

Now that it is on Xbox one, I'm hoping  they can get it to the switch which I recently bought!

Mariolxl

Add it for the 3ds

thomastrandal

Would love to see this as well. Would be nice to use especially when docked, so I don't have to use an external audio source every time.

This would be the greatest feature ever, considering the portable nature of the console. Listeing to spotify while playing Picross S ❤️

Tomcio03

Any news on that? I would love to use Spotify on it!

druba

This really needs to happen! This is the only console that I would be using for streaming music and other media since it consumes far less energy (only a few Watts) than PS4 and Xbox One. 

Fpssims

Please spotify Nintendo just do it!