Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Solution to false/abusive reporting

Whenever someone reports a playlist - the title and cover art are removed immediately. This is often abused to hurt record labels and playlist curators. After contacting support - the account of someone who abused this system gets taken down. This person then creates another email and free Spotify account and repeats the process. 

There is a simple solution to the problem - enable reporting feature only after 10 hours of music/podcasts were streamed using the account. It won't change the experience for a normal user but makes copyright abuse impractical. It's cheap and easy to implement and would stop 95% of false claims.

Thank you for your consideration. 

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Lukas40

Three days have passed and I still haven't received any help from support. I received one message (template) in which I was informed that I should provide my full personal data and submit in writing that I was declaring that the deletion was a result of an error and, if necessary, I will answer to the Federal District Court (I have already sent such a letter earlier) -

I'm waiting what to do next. Have any of you had a similar problem?

PLAYTIFY

Can't believe spotify does not act. Being reported around 5 times a day each playlist. Unfair. 

homebrewprod

Sines Friday I have had report every 4-6 minutes. Its absolutely horrible. 

Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 18.58.56.png

PLAYTIFY

Me too, every 10 minutes. I think these are bots.

Lukas40

Hello. Today I got information from the support that they are still checking the case (I sent a written statement). The next 14 days of waiting, if no prosecution act is received during this time, they will restore the removed material.

It's good that the matter has moved, but I have the impression that I'm still talking to the support bot 🙂 he gets response templates.

As you can see the problem is very big, I didn't receive that many reports, and yet my account was blocked 😞

PLAYTIFY

Schermafbeelding 2021-03-09 om 12.34.04.png

Got a lot of reports this morning... again.

PLAYTIFY

Good idea. Implement now!

Lorentsen96

yee im experiencing the same as we speak. this is rly anoying. any luck out there? and btw could not find the ''enable reporting feature only after 10 hours of music/podcasts were streamed using the account.''

richbatsford

Surely a simple solution to this issue in the short term at least, would be to change the system so the playlist title and image is kept in place until the report can be confirmed as genuine, so they only get removed in the case of genuine reports?

Marlon1996

My playlist with nearly 24.000 followers is getting reported over 10 times a day for over two months now. Everytime it was reported i recieve an email that says: "notice of removal of your edited content". Spotify should know about this case. When the playlist gets reported, the title, image and description gets removed automatically. Spotify is not checking the case in any way! I already tried to change the title, image and description without any success. I am very disappointed of Spotify. I already contacted the support multiple times but all i receive are consolations..

Spotify, do something about that!!!!!