Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Turn Off/Remove/Opt Out of "Your Episodes"

Currently, downloaded podcasts are automatically added to the "your episodes" playlist (whether you want them there or not). They are not automatically removed when you un-download them. Additionally, is a pain to remove each episode from the playlist, you have to perform at least three steps. This feature, as it currently exists, serves little more purpose than to be a duplicate of the "downloads" tab. 

In sum, users should be able to choose whether or not they utilize the "your episodes" playlist feature and have greater control over how it functions. 

Updated on 2021-07-01

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
FU4Life

If you add one more feature to my plays lists that I cannot easily remove and **bleep** my organization I will personally end you all. Maybe you are confused about the reality we live but music is the only thing keeping the show together. Keep playing games and I will destroy your company from the inside out. Take your trash episode off my library. It’s not the pandemic nobody wants a stupid podcast. 

Hebihime

I strongly agree and I cannot believe this option is not available yet… please IT teams hear our prayers 🙏🏼 

ArdaTheodore

IT HAS BEEN 2 YEARS SINCE THIS IDEA WAS SEWNT AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE???????

ARE YOU KIDDING ME KILL THE "YOUR EPISODES" should be like 2 lines of code to add an option come on SPOTIFY!

chaichop

Annoying as F! Please allow paying users to define WHICH PLAYLISTS THEY WANT - jfc!

MichaelMcCammon

It's annoying and a continued slap in the customer's face by Spotify.

The home page is all but ruined, so now that users have decreased using the home, Spotify starts to spam the your library section....thus, making it not your library.

Inudesu

The library set-up is pretty bad. Way worse than the older version. I don't understand why you can't sort/hide/delete things like "new episodes" or "my episodes."

It doesn't make sense to permanently pin lists that users don't use and don't want to. If you just can't stand the idea of users deleting them, at LEAST just make them sortable like the things we actually want. If we sort alphabetically, push it down to the N or M section. Or if we sort by recently used, send that sucker to the bottom.

Why is this hard? It CAN'T be difficult to just unpin these things.