Announcements

[Android][Playlists] Automotive sort option playlist

In the Spotify app in the Android Automative software (not to be confused with Android auto app, that's different!), there is no way to choose the sort order of music in a playlist. For example, I have a playlist where I add new music every week or day. In my mobile/laptop/tablet Spotify app I can sort the newly added music at the top. In my Volvo XC40 P8 with the Android Automotive software and the included Spotify app there is no option for this. Music in the playlist is always sorted as old -> new. That's not how many users use it and is very annoying.

Please add a sort option in the Spotify app for users to choose.
Thanks!

Updated on 2021-02-18

Hey @Jan_Westerman,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-02-18

Hey @Jan_Westerman,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

norwe

Really need this! 

Jan_Westerman
Casual Listener

Thanks! Well please share the link to everybody you know so this request get more then enough likes 🙂

sandervd
Casual Listener

Hey Spotify people! Music lovers like to create and maintain their own playlist. That's why it is super annoying that playlists in new Volvo's and Polestars (and future cars with Android Automotive) always start with the oldest songs. Sorting would be great, but I guess that I would be happy with newest on top for now. Thank you!

Jan_Westerman
Casual Listener

Hi people from Spotify,

Can you please inform me what is the next step to get this request into a Spotify Update?

Thanks!

Regards Jan