Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Turn Off/Remove/Opt Out of "Your Episodes"

Currently, downloaded podcasts are automatically added to the "your episodes" playlist (whether you want them there or not). They are not automatically removed when you un-download them. Additionally, is a pain to remove each episode from the playlist, you have to perform at least three steps. This feature, as it currently exists, serves little more purpose than to be a duplicate of the "downloads" tab. 

In sum, users should be able to choose whether or not they utilize the "your episodes" playlist feature and have greater control over how it functions. 

Updated on 2021-07-01

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Lolana

Please please please remove the episodes feature!  As someone who listens to podcasts all day this feature is not helpful, just adds another playlist I need to manage!

dougherty

The "your episodes" tab serves no function; switching between the "episodes" tab to the "downloads" tab was wholly sufficient, especially when listening off-line. 

You have created a non-user-friendly solution to a problem that did not exist. 

Buschibusch

Absolutely agree!

Eevee13

I absolutely agree. It is adding work for me, having to do more to add and remove downloads, and I have no interest in using My Episodes, but it is right at the top of the page. I want to download podcasts without adding them to another playlist I don't want. The biggest fault is mentioned above, that downloading adds them to the playlist but undownloading them doesn't remove them. Please fix this soon!!!

Cauca

I just don't understand why they did this. Especially when trying to clean the playlist from unwanted downloads is not straight forward and feels like a bug. Please let users decide how to organize their downloads and favorite podcasts!

msheiny

This needs to change. It has been an issue with my Spotify for months now and it's very frustrating because I don't want to sort all my podcasts in "Your Episodes". I'm now having issues where I don't download the podcasts anymore but whenever a new episode comes out of a show that I subscribe to, the previous episode is gone from my List of Episodes. Which doesn't make any sense and now it's out of sight, out of mind. As someone who has a podcast, I could easily be losing "downloads", "clicks", "plays", etc. just because of this feature and the fact that people do not want to utilize "Your Episodes" in this way. It's very frustrating, please change this issue now Spotify!

hisssyfits

Absolutely agree with this.  It's a pointless feature, especially when it's imposed.  I resent having to waste time deleting episodes from two places when I didn't even opt-in to the "your episodes" feature in the first place.  Get rid of this, please.

Ihatespotify67

I think this is the straw that is going to finally make me look at alternatives. It has been getting more and more irritating for years and the new changes are just baffling. I shouldn't be getting this annoyed about something I pay for! 

whatsthepoint

Agree with Ihatespotify67 - after years of paying for Premium service and advocating for Spotify to friends, I'm considering cancelling my subscription because Spotify does not seem to be listening to paying customers anyway. 

Spotify, please eliminate / provide opt-out for the dumpster fire that is "Your Episodes"!!!! 

ProperTunage

Between this completely useless feature that adds extra work and ads during podcasts with premium, I'm very close to cancelling my subscription. Spotify premium used to offer a service worth paying for but in recent months the devs have ruined this for podcast listeners