Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Import for Podcasts (OPML)

I'm an avid podcast listener.
I currently use PocketCasts and would love to use Spotify for music and podcasts.
Spotify could (potentially easily) allow one to import csv opml etc, so everyone could easily transfer all their podcast subscriptions to a superior platform.

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
daybreaker2

podimporter.com worked for me. I had about 90% successful match rate. I also liked the ability to choose not to subscribe to a podcast, since there were a few old ones I had forgotten I subscribed to in the first place. Thanks for the site!

James7x1

@Pdmprt Thanks for the great web app, it worked very well for me as I had to migrate off of my beloved Google Podcasts. 

Much appreciation to you!

Pdmprt

Thanks for checking out podimporter, I appreciate the appreciation :), glad it worked for you!!

Adevans

Glad we relied on a community developed solution instead of Spotify supporting potential users. I'm probably going to move elsewhere, no traction, no support. 

smvuq7-_8urvj

I will second the endorsement of pod importer! It does a great job and it's very simple. No malware involved. One drawback: It will transfer subscriptions but not playlists you've made on Google Podcasts. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xlsfFIQSbI

Steevinhaze

I've been using the Google podcast app for years, and they're getting rid of it and suggesting moving over to YouTube music to listen to podcasts. I absolutely don't want to do that and would like to use Spotify instead. It would be great if I could upload all my subscriptions to Spotify!

johnwporter

Hey, what's the latest status update? I've just signed into the community. If I'm looking at it right, the OP submitted the feature request six years ago??? And the last status update was from June 2021?! Holy moly.

fallingup79

Check out Pod Importer!

greg71

Would have been great to have this ready for when Google Podcasts shut down in April 2024 😞

nsletteland

It's crazy that Spotify doesn't support this yet, given that the idea is years old and it would support increased use of Spotify.

With Google podcasts shutting down I am looking for an alternative app. Spotify was my natural first choice since I use it for music, but since I can't import my subscriptions, I will be looking into other options.