Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Profile] Reset Taste Profile / History

Please allow for a reset option, so you can start all over again with a clean sheet.

For now, you have to start over with an entirely new account to do just that. And for that you need to contact Customer Support. Not very convenient.

Updated on 2020-02-26

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
rmff

Finally some light at the end of the tunnel!

"Spotify now lets Premium users hide songs they don’t want to hear from playlists"

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/16/21223537/spotify-playlist-subscriber-skip-hide-song-premium

akentmm

This really is one of the most frustrating aspects. I have been a loyal user of Spotify and am very keen not to move to a competitor, but since my baby boy has had sleep music the algorithm has gone from great to absolutely useless. With the algorithm really being why I loved Spotify so much this feels like a pretty shortsighted decision.  Particularly as creating a new account same effect just requires a bunch of bureaucracy and mess.

NinjaTool

Same here; Kids have been killing my recommendations up until we went Spotify Family. But my history has still taken some damage, and a reset would be highly appreciated.

Also; As a service to the community and the 3k+ people who voted for this feature, please just let us know if it's stranded on financial considerations with the existing data being worth more to the business than the service would be to your customers. Just so we don't have to wait in vain... Thanks. 

chansophia6

I REALLY REALLY WANT THIS NEW THING ON SPOTIFY LIKE!!! i dont want to make a new account but i want to reset my song history or song profile because my music taste has changed in the last 3 years. ive have some cringy songs played on repeat which means when ever i use the obscurify i find these cringy songs from 2015 as my most favourite songs of all time or songs and its really cringy!!! PLS PLS PLS MAKE THIS A NEW THING ON SPOTIFY I BEG UUUUUU

quinla01

I gave up a while back. There's no point in spotifuggle trying to guess my music taste since my kids use it and i end up with Disney songs in my discover weekly. It would be nice if spotifuggle allowed to select the types of music you're interested in but a clearly not listening to us so doubt that will happen. An alternative solution which is working well for me, find a mate who has similar music tastes and no kids and follow their discover weekly. 

rpangelastro
Why not just change services? Don't understand how people continue to pay for a service they don't like.

LLAMACYDE

So it's genuinely pathetic that the idea was suggested in 2016 and your reply is from 2020 saying nothing more then "not right now". The simple fact that you can't change dislike or remove songs from playlists and remove songs or artists from suggestions coupled with the already terrible music suggestion system I will be going back to Pandora. Basically all the exact same features but with a dislike and stop suggesting button as well as a better music suggestion system and ability to hear ONLY what I tell it to play. My experience with spotify has been laughable I've already had to make 3 accounts just to try and get selections I actually want because I shouldn't have to "retrain the algorithm" and equally shouldn't need to "make another account" if that's seriously your goto solution I dont see how your company is going to last much longer. This service is a joke anyone that takes the time to try any other music streaming services will instantly notice how pathetic this service is in comparison. Ui, prefrence, and customization are all very important and based off the many customer service posts and statements I've seen I don't feel that your service or staff takes that or your customers seriously. 

rpangelastro

Finally, somebody who gets it!  Spotify is a very poorly constructed music streaming service by today's standards.  They could get away with their **bleep** a few years ago.  Too many options now.  Give your money to someone else.  Pick one.....they're all better! 

_parasyte_

This is 100% a needed feature. Creating a new account under a new email address is such a lazy answer to a severe gap, in both foresight and architecture of this platform.

Every other major streaming platform offers this capability. Please allow us the same level of control as other platforms.

mpthorp

I used to listen to my Discover Weekly almost every day, but it's been polluted with different tastes now that we have google home and anyone in my household can request songs. Perhaps giving more weight to the style of tracks in your "Liked Songs" playlist could also help with this.