Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing items from Recently Played history

I would also like it if we had the option to remove our recently played history because sometimes I would listen to someone's playlist, an artist, or one of my own playlists by accident and I don't really listen to the playlist or artist anymore or I already have a song by that artist and it doesn't make sense to keep it in my library or recently played history.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
MeMacOH

Why was this feature removed? I could delete my kids random BS songs played by messing around with Alexa....now I'm stuck with them. All Spotify responses refer to gee well if this is popular enough maybe we'll do something about it. This make zero sense when you used to have this feature. Just put it back. What the heck??

es36

Please can you sort this out. It has been a really long time and we'd appreciate the update. 

tomazur

Pretty insane that this has been open for 3 years

surfincrow

Please, it's not hard to implement right? I use mostly Spotify on android automotive and not possible to go to not track mode. So kids play songs, and I don't want to hear this or see this on my display..

somebody528

Why cannot user delete items from the Recently Play list?

It's such an arrogant design made by the Spotify team. User should have the control over the privacy.

Why benefit can it bring to Spotify by not allowing users to do that?

At least, users should be allowed to HIDE items from the Recently Played list, if Spotify team wants to use user's play history to do recommendations at all.

There is adult content on the Spotify and it's not appropriate to show them in the Recently Played list.

Spotify design team should allow user the option to clean up or hide!!!

What was the design team thinking when they made this decision???!!!

somebody528

It's been a wonderful experience to use Spotify, until this purposed and ridiculous design bites me.

Spotify now has 320 million monthly active users and 144 million paid subscribers of 2020. Maybe they're satisfied with their user base.

But if they don't care about users' privacy, why do we continue to use its service?

Tothenmark

Add this option, please!

ky145

this should not be a "new idea" as it was functionality that used to exist.  don't remove useful functions

zb69qnyohagh6fyehhy1

I got nsfw content proposed by spotify. I listen to one of them on one of my personal devices. Now I can’t open spotify full screen at work because I get constant suggestions of nsfw stuff. That’s not nice. And even if you listen to them in private mode they still appear, even with the "allow playing explicit content" option turned off.

Vlade

Come on Spotify, what's so difficult to implement such a simple functionality? If you are a company that cares about its users privacy, this option is a must. By the way, when you implement this functionality, it should have an option to clear all recently played items at once, not one by one, as it was in some of the older versions of the apps. Also there should be an option to disable this functionality completely for users that care about privacy.