Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Return expanded queue view (not only sidebar) for desktop as it was before and now on web

As mentioned in https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Cannot-expand-queue-section-on-Mac-desktop-application/... it would be great to return old and pretty standard view for queue (aka playing now). As having it very limited on sidebar is against existing UX

Screenshots for reference:

MasOS:

Eternal__0-1709552573340.png

Web version (preferred version):

Eternal__1-1709552590975.png

Comments
stafrænn

Another update, and more damage done to the Queue functionality, which is a core component of any music player. UX gets worse with every update. You would significantly improve functionality of your music player just by hitting CTRL-Z on the last several years of updates.

SOULESNE

I was using the web player because that hadn't been changed. AFTER this issue had been raised for the App you loons decide to go ahead and force the change in the web player as well. This is practically unusable, and I just listen to things without ever visiting the tab because **bleep** if I can control what I am listening to anymore...

e1l_5rlfq-jjt

Another thing that seems to have been broken with this new UI is the ability to sort library playlist titles. I'm not referring to the playlist items (songs) I'm referring to the playlist list in the library on the left.

Suddenly my playlists are in a different order than how I placed them. The lists now can be sorted only by recents, recently added, alphabetical, and creator. I don't even know what half of these mean. How about the order that the user placed them in?

Just another way Spotify has "enhanced the user experience". Take your "enhancements" and stick them... somewhere.

e1l_5rlfq-jjt

Here's the deal. Just my theory, but it makes sense. Follow the money, always follow the money. If Spotify p!sses off their highest usage customers and they leave, then they will be left with the lowest usage ones. Less money for artists, more money for Spotify. This will never get fixed. As Adrian Belew said, "Don't hold your breath, 'cause it'll make you blue."

Fadebird

Geez, I thought I was losing my dang mind trying to find where the "real queue" swanned off to. The smaller queue list is super annoying and less functional than the larger version I remember. If you insist of keeping this "feature" at least give us a toggle to turn back on the longer/bigger queue with its previous functionality. I want to see how long the song is and the track time again. I want more information, not less. I also want to not have to squint over my bifocals to see the list!

hayhay13
make the queue move from the side bar to the fu;; screen
jawad_ahmed

Agreed. There really should have been an option/toggle to go back to the old queue view. Really hoping they add one or just go back to the old view altogether.

Someone209

From conceptualization to execution of these ideas.. I feel like I've been kicked in the teeth with some of these subtractive "Modern UI" updates.
Also.. Add a true random shuffle please. We've been asking for 4 years now.

Sonicus

Worst UI change in any application I've seen in a while. Congratulations.

Edit: Cancelled my subscription. Will reconsider when this has been reverted.

saturninesoul

After one month of having Spotify and Tidal, I am now definitely switching to Tidal. A full-screen library with hearts and a full-screen, intellegently working queue. With now not being able to use both in full screen on Spotify is just too stupid for me to handle. 12 years of premium and now**bleep**. Goodbye Spotify, too bad you have been run into ground by people who do not care about music lovers.