Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Return expanded queue view (not only sidebar) for desktop as it was before and now on web

As mentioned in https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Cannot-expand-queue-section-on-Mac-desktop-application/... it would be great to return old and pretty standard view for queue (aka playing now). As having it very limited on sidebar is against existing UX

Screenshots for reference:

MasOS:

Eternal__0-1709552573340.png

Web version (preferred version):

Eternal__1-1709552590975.png

Comments
dakster

This is a terrible design choice, please change it back. I don't care to have 2/3 of my spotify taken up by last thing I searched for, and smidge on the right what I'm actually listening to. That queue should take up the majority of the view. Do you even test these design changes before rolling them out?

Jendon

It would be very beneficial to add an option to let users decide which version (sidebar vs. main view) they want to use. On my Windows PC, I have my Spotify app docked to the side of one my screens, so it's only using half my screen. When I want to view my Queue, it opens the sidebar and the OTHER sidebar on the left is squished, the main content is squished, and the sidebar that pops out is squished, creating three narrow columns of info.

The sidebar might be fine for some users who are using the desktop app fullscreen, but it's ridiculous if you're not. Please just at least give us the option to enable the sidebar or keep the Queue as it was.

Anadi

I am unsure of how often Spotify reviews these ideas and genuinely considers implementing them. Would you mind voting for the following idea as well?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Spotify-HiFi-Lossless-Music/idi-p/5901996

As an Audiophile, we need lossless audio on Spotify, a feature that is already offered by competitors.

mikeg40

I am seriously considering going back to the free version because of this. spotify has just increased the charge yet as I listen mainly on my desktop my screen is virtually useless. I used to have the 'now playing' and 'queue' showing but can no longer do that. the centre of the screen seems to be only for either lyrics or spotify sponsored content. as I listen to a lot of jazz and classical music, this, the bulk of the screen, is useless. I have to choose between having the 'now playing' or 'queue'. since the random play setting is far from random, thanks, spotify, I usually plump for the queue as it means I can at least anticipate when a song is going to repeat quickly

dfj138

The queue on the right is so small and unpleasant for the MacOS App (yes, desktop). This is terrible. I want to see my queue in the center panel. Wide enough to read the song info, et al. What a terrible UX update. Do better Spotify.

angille

my kid still uses the duo account, or this would be long gone by now. every time I open Spotify I get furious about this, open up a web search to see if anything's been done about it, and end up going to twitch instead.

like ok, I could just listen to music as if it's an old ipod shuffle with a giant ad window, but I'd really rather just get the Spotify I'd been delighted with for years before this change.

setrippin

when are you going to revert this change?? it should not take this long to roll back such a destructive ui change, it is an objectively worse change that should never have been rolled out in the first place. you have rendered 80
% of the ux functionally useless while forcing us to try and operate out of tiny windows that cant even be resized, did you put ANY thought into this at all?? guess it's time to go to apple music after all cause Spotify clearly gives no care about their consumer anymore, they only care about squeezing what they can out of us and torpedoing their product. how else do you explain this ux change OR making lyrics (a literal ACCESSIBILITY ISSUE) a paid feature??

Snyappy

No communication at all so far, so i guess i will continue to post here?

helloooooooooooooooooooo

spoooooooooooooooooooootify

stop updating your blogs nobody cares about

answer uuuuuuuuuuus

Varegi

I canceled Spotify due to this and it seems I won't be taking that decision back as there is no update on this issue and they seem to ignore it altogether. I will actively spread the message in my personal circles for others to stop giving this trash company any more money. They forgot we have options. Spotify can go kick rocks and lick trees. Good riddance.

saturninesoul

I can only support the decision to leave premium. I also did. I am sstill using the free version for podcasts (not many commercials compared to music), but regarding music I am very happy with Tidal. And the sound is so much better (did not expect it thb).