Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Soundbars fully support Alexa with Spotify

Hello,

I am an otherwise happy owner of an Samsung HW-Q900A soundbar (with Dolby Atmos). There are many owners that are not happy about the missing functionality of playing Spotify with the in the soundbar built-in Alexa. Alexa just says that Spotify is not supported on this device when you ask Alexa to play something on spotify.

Amazon Music with Alexa works with a Amazon Music unlimited subscription or Amazon prime.

There are really many users that are frustrated about this. Many more are not reporting it as they can see others have failed getting it working. See here for some examples:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/soundbar-q800t-gt-control-spotify-with-alexa/td-p/19...

German: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/samsung-soundbar-hw-q950t-alexa-spotify-problem/td-p...

I would really appreciate if Spotify could get this working.

Kind regards Christian

Updated on 2023-01-27

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
HomerSimplon

TL;DR: no multi-room support.

Details:

Spotify does not offer an own "everywhere" functionality. I guess what you see is an entry created by Alexa.
(See https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/New-quot-Everywhere-quot-device/m-p/4360244/highlight/t....)

... And in that case the unfortunate answer is: no. The soundbar's alexa implementation is so old or otherwise limited that is does not even allow the soundbar alexa to be added to alexa groups - and 'everywhere' is a group.

trveller72

Not working on the Samsung hw-s60a. Come on Spotify/Samsung, fix this

dziobolek

Hi,

This same issue with Samsung HW-Q800a Soundbar.

Alexa just says that Spotify is not supported on this device.

f4lkyn

Hello,

Same issue for Samsung Q800T soundbar.

Not working yet

jjwestw

Wondering if there's been any update on this and generally throwing support behind it. 

I'm concidering a switch to amazon music because of the lack of support for Spotify on the Q950A. Amazon echo support was a big reason for choosing the soundbar I did and I find myself not using it as much as I would otherwise due to hearing "Spotify is not supported on this device" when I speak to it.

Would be great to hear this is under development. 🤞 

dziobolek

@jjwestw, not the best idea IMHO to switch to Amazon Music but it's up to you.
Need to keep pushing pressure directly on the TRIO to get this solved.
All they need to do is to seat at the round table and talk how to fix it.
We have paid enormous amount of money to buy the dream speakers with voice assistant,

some money then every month for Spotify to listen HQ favourite tunes and it is not working properly.
This same speaker without Alexa it is €171 cheaper...
How com other devices with Amazon Alexa Voice Assistant not having such of issues?
How com everything is fine there???

It's behind the joke IMHO how they treat us, the people whom give them money for their wages.

Well...

I'm lucky owner of HW-Q800A soundbar with Amazon Alexa Voice Assistant but disappointed by such simple software glitch saying "Sorry, Spotify is not supported on this device" when I'm asking Alexa to play my favourite music on Spotify, and  the sad thing is the issue is ignored in some way by three rich companies for long, long time.

- Samsung - their tech support only saying... "It should work"

-  Amazon - their tech support suggesting it must be Spotify's fault

- Spotify - their tech support does not exist or ignoring customers requests to fix the problem 

With this issue it is not Smart speaker at all to me.
Oh, nearly forgot to mention the Tap To Play function it is not working for Spotify as well.

Shame on you.

Problem exist on everyone Samsung soundbar with Amazon Alexa I believe.

r_cskef-soa3p

Why is nobody from the admins reporting here and keeping us up to date? That is really a shame.

r_cskef-soa3p

At least have the courage to say that this problem will never be solved. Only then can everyone draw their own conclusions from it.

virtuell

According to Amazon: "Spotify is currently only supports Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot, and all Sonos players for Alexa playback. I would recommend reaching out to Spotify for further assistance." Can you please enable so that Spotify is also supported on Samsung Q800 that has in inbuilt Alexa! It is not working today! https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00007ZhxkKSAR/spotify-is-not-supported-on-this-device

Amazon Alexa says that it is not supported to Samsung despite that it has in inbuilt Alexa function!!

Spotify Can you Please fix this??

virtuell

According to Amazon: "Spotify is currently only supports Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot, and all Sonos players for Alexa playback. I would recommend reaching out to Spotify for further assistance." Can you please enable so that Spotify is also supported on Samsung Q800 that has in inbuilt Alexa! It is not working today! https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00007ZhxkKSAR/spotify-is-not-supported-on-this-device

Amazon Alexa says that it is not supported to Samsung despite that it has in inbuilt Alexa function!!

Spotify Can you Please fix this??