Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Soundbars fully support Alexa with Spotify

Hello,

I am an otherwise happy owner of an Samsung HW-Q900A soundbar (with Dolby Atmos). There are many owners that are not happy about the missing functionality of playing Spotify with the in the soundbar built-in Alexa. Alexa just says that Spotify is not supported on this device when you ask Alexa to play something on spotify.

Amazon Music with Alexa works with a Amazon Music unlimited subscription or Amazon prime.

There are really many users that are frustrated about this. Many more are not reporting it as they can see others have failed getting it working. See here for some examples:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/soundbar-q800t-gt-control-spotify-with-alexa/td-p/19...

German: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/samsung-soundbar-hw-q950t-alexa-spotify-problem/td-p...

I would really appreciate if Spotify could get this working.

Kind regards Christian

Updated on 2023-01-27

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
cheri_moya

I'm supporting this idea as well! It's a pitty Alexa can't use Spotify... I have the new Samsung Soundbar S60B.

While it would be great if all of the world’s software and hardware worked in harmony, that’s never going to happen. But your products so they will fit your needs, and don’t rely upon service providers to cater to your unique needs. This is crazy. 

LeAdd

Hi there! As my research shows, It's a very common problem, also affecting my Model Q950T. The weirdest thing is, it worked for about a month back when I got it, but now I get the same error. At first I thought it would be an Amazon marketing move to force users onto Prime music, but I figured, it isn't! It seems to be a Samsung-Spotify Problem, since Spotify works fine on my Sonos One with Alexa!
So I am begging you kindly, as well as the Samsung Team, to fix that! It really worsens the experience of both your service and the product for a lot of people. This shouldn't be considered as an "Good Idea" it's a function, we all paid for, and we'd love to use it. So PLEASE—just tick this, what i hope is just a little checkbox in your System to enable it again.

Thank you!

Aartstyle

Still nothing! Hello, when are you going to fix this? Samsung is blaming you and you are blaming Samsung. Talk to each other!  the customer paid for this service. 

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-01-27

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Atavius22

One would expect that something that bears Spotify and Alexa logos on the box at the same time would be fully supported by voice control. Please fix this ASAP or I am switching to Amazon Music that works without any issues with Alexa and Samsung soundbars. 

DukeHadi

I have the same issue with my Samsung HW-q930b soundbar. When I ask built-in Alexa to play Spotify, she says "Spotify is not supported on this device". But she only plays Amazon music. Looks like I am switching to Amazon Music soon.

virtuell

Yeah it really sucks! I don't understand why they don't fix it, it have been this for so long!! 😞

benJos85

Any updates about this?

Dan_xs

Same Problem here "Spotify is not supported on this device" Amazon Music works...

So Spotify doesn't need Samsung Customers?

Fix it please!