Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Soundbars fully support Alexa with Spotify

Hello,

I am an otherwise happy owner of an Samsung HW-Q900A soundbar (with Dolby Atmos). There are many owners that are not happy about the missing functionality of playing Spotify with the in the soundbar built-in Alexa. Alexa just says that Spotify is not supported on this device when you ask Alexa to play something on spotify.

Amazon Music with Alexa works with a Amazon Music unlimited subscription or Amazon prime.

There are really many users that are frustrated about this. Many more are not reporting it as they can see others have failed getting it working. See here for some examples:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/soundbar-q800t-gt-control-spotify-with-alexa/td-p/19...

German: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/samsung-soundbar-hw-q950t-alexa-spotify-problem/td-p...

I would really appreciate if Spotify could get this working.

Kind regards Christian

Updated on 2023-01-27

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
jewfro79

Please fix this for my Q950T!

DukeHadi

Looks like it is working now! Spotify is working on my HW-Q930B now, I hope it remains this way.
Thanks everyone for the votes and for making this happen.

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

benJos85

Yeah Spotify is working on my HW-Q995B now!!!

But Alexa is pretty outdated on the soundbar. It's not possible to shut down my TV for example.

It works perfectly well with an older Echo Dot. But anyway, that wasn't the topic.

mdproctor

I still cannot use Alexa with Spotify on my Q950t. Alex on it's own works fine, and Spotify connect works fine - but they do not work together. This is very frustrating, and i bought it specifically for this 😞 So my children can easily ask it to play songs, without needing a phone.

r_cskef-soa3p

With Q900A (Version 1011.1) doesn‘t work actually.

One question to the user of Q930B/Q995B: Works this feature since an update of the Soundbarversion?

alexter

Samsung HW-Q900A soundbar is not supported 

Amazon alexa app “Spotify is not supported on this device” Samsung Q900A