Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Party Mode with DJ that approves songs

A mode where there is one "DJ" who has ultimate control over the music being played while others can join the party and suggest songs they want to be played through the app.  The "DJ" can decide if/when to play the suggested songs.

Updated on 2020-06-25

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-02-18

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

linusrichter
Elena

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically "Avoid double posting". Any users posting the same content multiple times will have their posts removed. For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Reminder-Spotify-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4786834

PrettyMuchSwiss

I think this would work great if it was also connected to other programs. Discord, for example, has some sort of feature where you can join others listening to music, this would be way better though.

junebug217

Have been wanting this for a while now!

Yaboycamm

PLEASE bring back the alphabet bar, and when I go to download an album can the whole album download, like every song. I hate that I have download each individual song. Please and thank you 

Colin9148

Yes please

snailsail

And it'd be pretty cool if the approved songs were automatically added to a new playlist, and all members of this party  would automatically follow this playlist.

twdll

I love Spotify but its not as good as Grooveshark was.  Hear me out... Grooveshark had a much better social atmosphere (Curated Playlists by a single host, streamed live to anyone who wants to listen with opportunities for guests to follow and to comment on songs while the songs are playing and opportunities to suggest songs to the DJ, all real time) than Spotify has ever had or indeed will ever have if they continue being safe, without pissing off the community instead of taking risks every now and again. People like things new things, it keeps things fresh. Tell that to your boss. 🙂 Look at this UI from all the way back to 2015 it's fresh as **bleep**. Read the article too.

https://www.theverge.com/2013/4/22/4252314/grooveshark-broadcast-lets-anyone-be-a-radio-dj-wacky-int...

twdll

Being able to change the UI to Old School and New School would be cool too.