Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The ♡ Heart button AND! a (+) Plus button

In March 2023, the  Heart button will start being replaced with a (+) Plus button for saving things to Your Library. Things that have been saved to Your Library will now show a green ✔ Check icon instead of a green Heart icon.

While the new (+) button is quite useful to know if a song is added to your library, many users loved to see a heart icon ♡ on their favorite songs.

Currently, to add a song to your favorites (♡) you have to click on the (+) button and add it to your favorites! It's very confusing, and it took away from seeing a lovely heart next to your favorite songs. 😞

My idea is for users to have both buttons.

The (+) button to let users know that your songs are added in their libraries.
And the ♡ button so users can directly add their songs to their favorites!

Both buttons would work very well, and would be very intuitive for users.

Thank you very much for your support, I invite you to share the link to the idea so that it can get more recognition and reach Spotify, thank you very much. ♥

•Example: ♥ (+)

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-02 005513.jpg

Comments
njpjcom

I'm missing the heart icon on my playlists. Please Spotify, add it back! 🤗❤️

DOGGOくん

i really enjoy the new ability to add one song to multiple playlists but we just dont need the plus sign to replace the heart. its also tacky and doesnt look good on the music player screen.

Dheyk

add artificiaL inteLLigence within Liked songs👍👍.  aLgorithm, styLe of simiLar musicaL genres, simiLar to Liked songs👍👍👍

add artificiaL inteLLigence, within Liked songs, podcast 👍👍

ValentijnBos

I used the heart icon to diverse the 'hmmm this is good' tracks and the 'wow amazing' tracks in my playlist. Right now it is almost impossible to quickly see the difference when building a setlist. I would reallyyyy love to have the heart icon back on the playlists!

I listen to mostly electronic music, so it is hard to memorize track names since they mostly don't really 'belong' to the track themselves. Most of the time there isn't even a lyric in it. The heart icon was my main way of finding the best tracks.

R453C_25

From spotify for desktop, without the ♡ Heart button I can no longer have a reference of which songs I "like" (love) to differentiate them from the ones (good/regular songs so to speak) but I still have them saved in my playlist. I don't know if I make myself clear, but that heart icon is very important I think to differentiate our songs easily from any playlist.
In my personal case it was very useful for me to be able to make a playlist for the end of the year and make a playlist of the best songs of the year for example.
Another idea that I would also suggest is that you could add to the "sorted by" section a new one, which would be the order by 'year of release'. It would be very useful as it would allow us to see the songs in a chronological order!

🙂

Queal

This one goes out to the Spotify team,

I appreciate the new "add to playlist" feature for its ease in managing multiple playlists, as well as the visibility of songs added from a friend's playlist. I also love the Liked Songs playlist overhaul.  These enhancements have positively impacted my user experience.

However, I'm concerned about the removal of the ♡ button. This change has significantly impacted my ability to sort and enjoy my own playlists. Previously, the heart button was a great tool for distinguishing my favorite tracks (the A or A+ songs, so to speak) from the general good ones (B-, B or B+’s) on any playlist. This directly affects my perceived music magic my friends know me to wield.

I understand that the heart feature might have been underutilized by the majority, and the new system could potentially lead to better algorithms for music discovery. I am looking forward to seeing how these changes enhance the Spotify experience in terms of discovering new music.

AverageUnknown

Completely agree. I hit the like button WAY more often than the add to playlist button. And at least on my screens, the app is not hurting on space for both buttons.

(Also, on the track right-click menu, "remove from playlist" being higher up than "like/unlike song" makes NO sense to me.)

Louisk

**bleep**. Today the heart icon disappeared for me for Spotify. I'm heartbroken (pun intended but not joking).

I used it every time I listened to music - without it, how can I remember when I look at an album, which tracks are my favourites? I listen to thousands of tracks across hundreds of albums - if I find a new band and listen to them a few times, but then don't for 6 months, am I just supposed to remember the track names for which are my favourites?

Before I could go away and not listen to something, but then instantly come back and find my favourites and favourite albums by which were 'liked'. Instantly visible, clear, at a glance, cross-platform.

Now, I have no way of ever knowing again without either remembering HUNDREDS of track names from TENS OF THOUSANDS of tracks by heart, reading THOUSANDS of track titles to *find* those favourite tracks, and then listening to them.

Spotify clearly does not give**bleep** about its current users.

Axonn

Although I like the new functionality of being able to see in what playlists a song is (and add to others), I DO AGREE that the Heart functionality should be restored to automatically adding a song to the "Liked" playlist.

Also, the panel should be WAY larger on Desktop.

I suspect that Spotify is doing this because the size of some Liked Playlists out there is probably getting a bit out of hand, but this can always be mitigated in a myriad ways via modern software practices such as endless scrolling, partial loading and techniques that have been around for ages.

I agree 100% with what others have said, especially Queal: 

This one goes out to the Spotify team,

I appreciate the new "add to playlist" feature for its ease in managing multiple playlists, as well as the visibility of songs added from a friend's playlist. I also love the Liked Songs playlist overhaul.  These enhancements have positively impacted my user experience.

However, I'm concerned about the removal of the ♡ button. This change has significantly impacted my ability to sort and enjoy my own playlists. Previously, the heart button was a great tool for distinguishing my favorite tracks (the A or A+ songs, so to speak) from the general good ones (B-, B or B+’s) on any playlist. This directly affects my perceived music magic my friends know me to wield.

I understand that the heart feature might have been underutilized by the majority, and the new system could potentially lead to better algorithms for music discovery. I am looking forward to seeing how these changes enhance the Spotify experience in terms of discovering new music.

Axonn

Oh, it's interesting that the functionality DOES work similar to the previous Heart button WHEN YOU'RE IN AN ALBUM. But this is even more confusing :). Please, Spotify, listen and put both buttons. There is screen space, especially on Desktop. On Mobile, the default can be Heart button, and if the Heart is pressed again, it can display the playlist-list :D.