Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Translation lyrics

So my idea is that Spotify should add a lyric translation to songs. For example I listen to greek music and the writing all in greek I think that Spotify should have an option to translate the songs (English) so I can read and understand the songs. I think this would be useful people who also lyrics to Spanish would want lyrics translated to understand the song. Basically idea is to translate the song into the language you know and understand the words in song. Like this if you agree and think it’s smart! 

Comments
Yordan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-10-15

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

hanr7

will lyrics translate coming on pc spotify?..I listened to a lot of k-pop songs, so it would be nice if u can translate lyrics on pc as well.

wingee

mtionel

It would be really nice to be able to integrate google translate with lyrics to be able to get side to see side the lyrics in two different languages. Best regards !

NicolasDA

The translation functionality is already available for certain users and certain devices.
However, for certain reasons, it is not available for all songs and all users.

These translations are also made by bilingual people and not by Google Translate, improving the reliability of the translation, and provided by Musixmatch. It's the lyrics provider of Spotify, except for Japan.

If you have Spotify Premium, you can use the Musixmatch app to have the translation available, if this is not available for your device through Spotify.

NicolasDA

The translation functionality is already available for certain users and certain devices.
However, for certain reasons, it is not available for all songs and all users.

These translations are also made by bilingual people and not by Google Translate, improving the reliability of the translation, and provided by Musixmatch. It's the lyrics provider of Spotify, except for Japan.

If you have Spotify Premium, you can use the Musixmatch app to have the translation available, if this is not available for your device through Spotify.

Amit1000

Many times we listen to songs in an unfamiliar language, the words already displayed in the app. An English translation will allow a deeper understanding of the words and the song for everyone. 

Isn't that part of the essence of Spotify?! 

Priya37

OH MY GOSH yessssssss😮💨

acof

Yeah like, why no one put the translation on the web/desktop app while the iOS and Android app already have it 💀
>>>2 YEARS TO MAKE THIS<<< (translation was released in 2022 for iOS and Android)

Cuando escucho las canciones en otro idioma siempre quiero traducirlas, no obstante nunca me sale ese botoncito en la parte superior de la letra de la canción para poder hacerlo, a pesar de que yo tenga spotify premium