Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Translation lyrics

So my idea is that Spotify should add a lyric translation to songs. For example I listen to greek music and the writing all in greek I think that Spotify should have an option to translate the songs (English) so I can read and understand the songs. I think this would be useful people who also lyrics to Spanish would want lyrics translated to understand the song. Basically idea is to translate the song into the language you know and understand the words in song. Like this if you agree and think it’s smart! 

Comments
Loanlegrosbg

Bonjour, l'option "paroles" a été mise en place il y a quelques temps et je trouve que c'est une très bonne idée ! Mais j'aimerais pousser cette option un peu plus loin en choisissant de traduire les paroles dans la langue souhaitée. Exemple moi qui est français si j'écoute de la musique en anglais j'aimerais que les paroles soient traduites en français. C'est tout, Bonne journée !

noel12

please put an option in the lyrics of the songs below the music player that those lyrics can be changed to Spanish or any other language would be great 

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Fahameena_cat

Songs lyrics having multiple language option which help listener from different  countries to  translate and listen in there preferred language.

Mehr_

Can add an option to change language of lyrics. Will help to enjoy songs in different languages, for instance, English translations for Korean, Chinese songs. Can be a one stop solution and listeners will no longer require to visit other sites for lyrics translations.

ArjoEmrys

I came here because I wanted to provide feedback on this feature, seems like Spotify is already beta testing it, but so far only found one song... Would love for Spotify to make this feature more widely available!

Screenshot_2022-03-06-10-21-16-84_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-06-10-14-06-92_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

Arikabeth

It would be nice if we could access translated versions of lyrics in Spotify, assuming the translated versions exist in the lyrics provider database.

Bluebird3

I love this so much, adding my comment here in the hope that this idea gathers steam. In a digital age where music is becoming more and more globalised, adding translations of lyrics is such a great idea. 

Arikabeth

@Bluebird3 it seems like displaying the translations of lyrics have been available in certain regions for the last 4 months, here's hopeing it gets rolled out to our regions as well (and that the feature isn't retracted).

MarcR_

Spotify Lyrics (Musixmatch) currently only shows the original language of the song. I would like this language to be customizable.

Since this is already possible in the Musixmatch app, it shouldn't be a problem for Spotify.

1000024414.jpg