Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Better way to get rid of songs across playlists and find where are they added.

So, right now if I want to remove a song from a playlist I have to into the playlist and then either search or scroll to delete it from the playlist. If I want to get rid of a song from all my playlists and liked songs. I have to remove it from liked songs and then remove it from every playlist individually. Now in Apple Music, it is good because we have a library option where we can just delete the track from the library and it is removed from every other playlist as well. I hate Apple Music's library management but this one thing is extremely useful.

So, I think we could use an option in the context menu which lets us delete a track from everywhere it is added.

Updated on 2023-01-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Vasil
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-12-25

Hey @Amayy!!

Thanks for taking your time to submit your feedback to the Ideas Exchange!

We're going ahead and marking this one as a new suggestion. It will be thoroughly looked into once it reaches the necessary amount of +Votes 🙂

Tip: More info on how feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can always be found here.

Happy Holidays!

AdamDam

I think this is a great idea! When I discover a song that I like, I usually add it to multiple playlists. Sometimes later I don’t enjoy the song as much as I did before, and I want to remove it from my library completely; your idea would make this task easier to accomplish, without needing to remember which playlists the song is in.

Amayy

Exactly! There are two features like this in Apple Music or iTunes to be precise. We can delete tracks from the library and it is gone from every playlist we can also click on view in playlist which shows us every playlist where this song is added. 

st0rminthecassl

This is such a great suggestion

BabyEcho0_YT_SP

i think its a good idea

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-01-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

DeejayNO1

Hi, I like this idea aswel. I really don't like to go and search for a particular track on a playlist to remove it, it takes a long time on a large playlist! So you got my vote 🙂

Geometrikz

And on top of all that, which is great, there should also be a symbol that is added to the song to let us know that it is already in a playlist (this symbol would appear directly in the player and in the playback queue, for example next to the symbol from the heart) because we never know if the music is added to some library and which one and what I do is, I put a like to know that it is added to a library but then I don't know which one.

Please solve this problem that my Spotify is just green hearts everywhere. Ahaha...

shixu

it's a good idea but itd also be better if we could select a number of songs in our playlists to delete them all together from there, it takes way too long to find those songs u no longer want in your playlist and long click to get it gone, it'd be better if we could select songs and either delete them or maybe create a new playlist with them 

gifflerr

This was recently added to the app and it was AWESOME, when listening to a song you pressed the plus button and it pulled up a view of your playlists, with a check mark next to the ones the song was in — from there you could add or remove it from multiple playlists. It was fantastic and a huge quality of life improvement but then it disappeared from my app today 😩 bring it back!