Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Edit track metadata

Apple Music has this neat feature that allows users to edit track metadata for all tracks added to the user's library. This is most useful for putting custom artwork for albums or removing (Deluxe) or (Remastered) tags on albums, and removing parentheses in track titles. This feature is also useful for scrobbling with Last.fm, a feature that is not built into Apple Music. Custom artwork for albums is a popular feature on Apple as fans can use their fan-made artwork in screenshots.

Being able to edit track and album metadata on Spotify would be great for people like me who love to micro-manage their music library.

Screenshot 2021-05-04 005612.png

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
JxckCooper

absolutely love that Apple Music has this feature, we need it here on Spotify too. Even if it's just on desktop. 

tangerines404

please update soon! we need this!

Kubíkula

I would like to have a nicer library on Spotify. For many years, I was a collector of CDs. I have my CDs in a right order, sorted by the artists, years, countries and genres. And I always liked to make a copies of them to my PC. And I spent a lot of hours to create the most autistically correct library possible - with data I took from cover arts and official websites. It just made me really happy and relaxed to listen to the music and see, that everything is in order - as it should be. And then, Spotify came to my life. The amount of content is incredible and I love it, but... Everyday I see something wrong there. I just can't stand a music library with incorrect metadata! I know I'm a specific person - but I am not alone. Sometimes I just really need to change that one little mistake of somebody, who just didn't care. Please, give us the option to change it! To make the world a better place, that our souls can relax in peace.

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

DiPGames

i really hope this will be implemented !!!

Kinrade

I absolutely love this idea, complete control of everything. 

northeastern99

Would especially appreciate that "comments" field! It is so hard to curate playlists if I can't remember why or from whom songs were recommended or other pertinent info.

syenigma

Ugh, i just want this to happen so badly! I'm so tired of "Don't Hang Up" by Britney scrobbling in last.fm as "In The Zone Bonus DVD Audio" instead of just "In The Zone"!! I desperately need to happen! Please Spotify!!

yllib5691

Since Sprint dropped Spotify (or vice versa), I've switched to Apple Music for this exact reason.

I prefer to be on Spotify (better interface, better discovery recommendations, better auto-generated music stations), but meta-data/tagging and ratings feature on Apple Music are worth it for me to switch, so I can find all the delicious music (especially new music) I choose to add.

I hope this feature rolls out soon on Spotify so that I can switch back to it.

AlexHom2204

I promise, I’ll switch from Apple Music to Spotify as soon as this feature is implemented