Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Order/sort albums by release date/year

Now that the original release year should be available please add an option to the new album view to use it for sorting.

there could be options for at least:

"SORTED BY ARTIST / YEAR"

"SORTED BY ARTIST / TITLE"

"SORTED BY YEAR"

There could be some kind of subtle separator where the artist changes when listing the album covers. Also the release year should be shown in the album images.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
whippino

after 3 years spotify team is still ignoring it...

robmif76
Oh well they can keep on ignoring it for all I care cos I moved to Google Play.
Pythagoras

This would be fantastic.  There's a perhaps small but dedicated market of music-library-curators who are not well served by any of the streaming services (although Spotify is the best imo) and features such as this would bring them in and build fierce, evangelistic loyalty.  And could be marketed as such: Spotify for collectors.

prairiegirl12

It would be so helpful if "date produced" could be added as a filter option. I'd love to create albums where the play order is through the decades!

erynbro

Please, please do this! This would be a great feature, especially for sorting the songs within playlists. I have an "Oldies" playlist containing music from 1950 to 1990 and would love having the option of organizing them by their release date (or even just the year they were released). 

patrikc325

I am running verson 1.0.59.395.ge6ca9946  

My sort options on local files is Title-Artist-Album- Length (clock)

How can I add date added?

bleydon

I agree with this. There are so many such features that Spotify, you really need to up your game on. Another would be revamping the playlist menu. However having seen that this post is deom 2014, I don't have much hope in such investment from Spotify 😞

mattcane

+1 for this idea.

naylor83

Please implement this!

This is just one of several features missing from the library in Spotify, holding it back from being truly brilliant for those of us who think in albums, not playlists.

jmjholden

Honestly whats the big deal not making the incredibly small and reasonable option available? It would be like a few lines of code... please change this.