Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Your Library] Search within all Playlists

Often, I'd like to find a song within one of my saved playlists.  I have a few playlists with over a thousand songs and this becomes difficult.  If I really want to listen to a certain song, I end up doing a general search, but then I have to go back to my playlist to continue listening there.  I'd like to be able to search within a playlist and then continue listening from that playlist.

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Bradicalone72

Not getting this added seems to be a voting issue. If we all posted this link on our social media to all our Spotify followers and encourage them to vote, we might get this added. 

Bradicalone72

12AE858D-A23F-4C97-846E-85C85E4829B6.jpeg

xturgorex

It’s absolutely wild that this very simple feature is not on the road map and closed to votes. It actually feels broken when searching my library. UX designers create search bars that are inclusive of all terms in a database. So why has Spotify opted for a different, less functional approach to search? Why not search my entire library when I search a term?? I want this feature nearly EVERYTIME I open the app. Please implement this feature or AT LEAST reopen voting on it. 

mick-borneo

I am truly shocked that such functionality does not exist in 2023. The prompt even entices me into thinking that I can search for artists or songs in my playlists. Even worse, it's a stupidly simple functionality to implement given that all the other searching exists around the edges. Please consider implementing this sooner than later.

Nicole32321

Since Spotify turned the save button from a heart into a + button, I like that we’ve been able to add a songs to multiple playlists. Similar to wanting to search all playlists for a certain song, I want to see all the playlists a song has been added to. This is an issue for me because most of my playlists are in folders, and I have to go one by one them to see. 

daxkerchner

Ditto — it looks like they finally implemented this after all, right?  I'm very glad for the new functionality!

chavlji

@daxkerchner where can I find it?

Emilibrius

I suppose the feature "Search in Your Library" is supposed to help you search specific library playlists, liked albums, liked artists, authors of your playlists, and saved items in the current filter scope. It doesn't search within the playlists to find songs, although it would be a nice feature.

A workaround I am using is to use the global search, then find your song and check which playlist the song is included in by the green circle, part of the "add to playlist" feature. 

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 23.01.43.png

The only problem is when a song changes its label/rights owner, the old song version is kept in your playlist and won't appear with the green circle in a global search.

chrischandler

I make playlists to share all the time. What happens when I hear a great song Ive already liked and think “I wonder if I already put this on a playlist” and then I think “no way am I going to waste my time searching through each of the 10 previous playlists one at a time to see if the song is on one of them already”