Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Creating "Collections" of Albums

I have an idea that could make using Spotify better for people who put a lot of effort into managing their music libraries (and for everyone else as well).

Collections menu in Your LibraryCollections menu in Your Library

The idea is simple: Being able to create collections or lists of whole albums. Of course you could just add albums to regular playlists but then it just adds the songs separately, which is messy, so you can't easily see which or how many albums are there in the list or checking if there are missing songs.

You can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlistsYou can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlists

By having album collections we could easily see which albums are added to them and it would make it quicker to select certain albums for downloading by toggling the download button of a collection containing them. We could also re-order the list of albums quicker than re-ordering a simple playlist of consecutive albums broken down to songs.

This would also make it possible to listen to certain albums in a specific or even random order without having to add every album to the queue one by one.

You can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsYou can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsAdding or removing albums from collectionsAdding or removing albums from collections

collections_03.png

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue to pass these along to the right teams.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
t_4dvqt8-e9n

This would be the best thing in spotify 🙂

BradAcord

Great idea to better organize.

An excellent idea!

larryoverton27
Just how I Roll😎
Paulo23

This feature is absolutely necessare. Streaming provides masses of music, so a system of order would help to tame the mass

JayMacDee

I desperately need this! My biggest disappointment since becoming a Spotify user.

Dsmeth

Love the collections idea. I have so many playlists now that trying to manage and organise them without having subfolders is a nightmare. I see the idea of management of albums /playlists / etc so often on these forums. Come on Spotify...put us all out of our misery 🙂

adamstifuk

BRIALLIANT IDEA, HAVING ALL THE ALBUMS SCATTERED EVERYWHERE DRIVES ME MAD

Paulo23

we need this!

podevyns

Spotify user since beginning of this year.  Thought it was me when I didn't find this obvious feature.  Next to having playlists (ie the good old mixtapes) it should be possible to have a virtual library of entire albums that one can organize in different ways (alphabetically, by genre, by year, ...).  This library should be disconnected from the playlist: you should be able to save songs from albums into playlists but saving an album should not mean automatically saving all songs in the playlist Songs (as is now the case).  Come on Spotify!