Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Discover] Restore Touch Preview on iOS App

Touch preview removal on last iOS vers. update looks like it hasn't been a great idea. You are on time to restore it, one of the best Spotify features.

Updated on 2019-03-19

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

This feature was originally removed from the app due to low engagement. There was a statement at the time which you can check out at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it's not something we have any immediate plans to add back onto the app.

If we do have any new info to share we'll check back in here with a new status.

Cheers!

Comments
MattSuda

So instead of adding Touch Preview to Android (other platforms) like was promised in the press release and never came, you guys decide to just remove it altogether from iOS 2.5 years later just because it had low usage?

If you would have released it on Android, more people would become aware of it and there would be more people talking about the feature and using it.

It had low usage because it was poorly advertised and not fully implemented across both major mobile apps (iOS and Android). Nobody knew it was there. This was a feature that set Spotify apart from the rest. It was really cool.

This is a very poor decision. Please add it back.

blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2017-08-31

Marked as new idea.

24-7

Great feature which I use a lot. I'm dissapointed that it's gone. 

24-7

Great feature which I use a lot. I'm dissapointed that it's gone. 

y0uri

Since you made a new licensing deal with Warner Music, just as you removed this feature, I have a distinct feeling the removal of this feature is all down to licensing, and you chose to not be open about this to your users. Which either means you're ashamed of this part of the licensing deal or their lawyers made you lie about it.

Please work out an addendum to your new licensing deal with Warner Music et al, to allow for this feature to be brought back. Pay them a little for each preview if need be. OR.... better yet - since paying for a short 30 second looped preview seems silly - convince them how this feature is in THEIR best interest, too, because it encourages people to listen to MORE music - which means more stream revenue for them, because it helps users discover music more easily and can facilitate "binge-browsing" and "binge-listening" of the music catalog - I speak from experience.

What's weird though is their hesitance toward this feature, considering you can preview tracks on for example iTunes. Perhaps Apple does compensate licensees for previews?

Buff1
  1. Preview is the most practical technology why did u remove it
cierra1987

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

mRwigleegiggle5

Disappointed, truely **bleep**ed up this time Spotify.

Natepete16

Taking out touch preview was by far the stupidest idea ever. I refuse to use Spotify anymore because it's that much harder to listen to new music. Being an avid music listener I don't have time to listen to a whole song and decide if I like it. The 30 second preview was ideal for me seeing that time is a factor

UGADawg15

Yes!! I completely agree!! Please bring this back!!