Announcements

[iOS] Airplay 2 Support for iOS

New idea for earlier closed ideas:

Experiencing delay with Spotify when streaming to multiple Airplay 2 devices. Works with Apple Music 

Updated on 2019-01-21

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
brewmast3r
Visitor
Actually, this isn't true. They added the ability to ask Siri to play music
without specifying "on spotify". Spotify needs to update their app to use
AirPlay 2 still.
sebbe76
I answered the post above, it works with Siri and HomePod in 14.5. I did
not mean AirPlay 2.
WadeA10

How in the world is Airplay2 not yet supported. It's really insane.

BristolMusic

Agreed. There must be some terrible old code in their apps - they desperately need to modernise.

supergeek

I think that Airplay 2 is going to be even more essential with Spotify HiFi.

MusicSpot
Visitor

Please give us AirPlay 2 support already!

RobertoNM

Without AirPlay 2 support on iOS devices other competing streaming services have a competitive advantage over Spotify (including Apple's own service).

They should realize that they aren't hurting Apple for not implementing it, they are hurting themselves. It is less likely that an Apple user would switch the Apple ecosystem because of this rather than switching streaming services.

Wise up Spotify!

CupricCO_3
Visitor

Adding myself to this list. I just got a HomePod and was surprised to find out that 4 years after its introduction Spotify still doesn’t support Airplay 2. As it is the Airplay 1 enforced delay makes Spotify unusable on my HomePod. I’ve been a long time user of Spotify but considering adding or switching to Apple Music for better HomePod support. (see also native playback support now that iOS 14.5 is out) 

Ghaaaa
Visitor

Also seriously annoyed by this. Thought I had an issue with my setup, but it ‘just’ turns out to be Spotify. The experience from the Apple TV app is even worse, with multi room playback not working at all