Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Shows] TV Shows & Movies

I would love to have a feature where, similar to podcasts, listeners could look up their favorite TV shows (ie Parks and Recreation, The Office, Family Guy, BBC Sherlock), and listen to episodes. I like to listen to podcasts when I go to sleep and when I'm driving and sometimes I want to listen to my favorite shows, without running netflix (since I can't lock my phone). I would assume this would require some time of partnership with television producers to have partial ownership of the shows. However, I think a lot of people would largely support this based off of the amount of playlists with television show titles that already exist, as well as podcasts centered around them. 

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
MichaelSmith1

Duplicated Idea For TV shows and Movies VOD has been deleted 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Movies-amp-TV-Shows-On-Spotify/idi-p/47473...

Here is The New Duplicated Idea

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Browse-TV-Shows-And-Movies-VOD/idi-p/475...

It was closed due to similar ideas but it was once a new idea but someone deleted it please mark it as new idea Spotify

RafaelIronsi
Lettercoll

It would be great to see all TV episodes on Spotify of the new feature of this project

Barefoot Contessa - Season 1 - 26 (and present)

Judge Judy - Season 1 -(present)

The Golden Girls - Season 1 - Season 7

Friends - Season 1 - Season 10

osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-05-20

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Marium0505

How is this a feature request for Spotify (which is mostly a music/listening streaming service)?  Seems to me like a request better suited for Netflix (which is for movies/tv shows).

It is likely that Spotify would have to either increase the subscription price and/or make this a seperate service/subscription from music/etc. 

Constone

I would definitely switch to this TV streaming service on Spotify if it was here soon a lot of the streaming services today don't have all the tv shows you want on one streaming service.

BestTown

It would be perfect if this feature for TV shows and Movies on Spotify and a free and premium option to watch.

Diediana

Do you have an estimate for when this will be available on the Mobile/Desktop free/premium television and movie streaming?

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

JackH429

Yuh this would make spotify jump through so many loop holes its not even funny.