Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Airplay 2 Support for iOS

New idea for earlier closed ideas:

Experiencing delay with Spotify when streaming to multiple Airplay 2 devices. Works with Apple Music 

Updated on 2021-08-07

Hello everyone,

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. To clarify, Spotify will support Airplay 2. Please continue to use this thread to add your votes and comments.

We’ll post updates when they become available.

Comments
j_lundqvist

Yeah, it’s pretty embarrassing that I still, after two years, have to check this thread occasionally to see if they’ve decided to catch up. Two years!

I switched to Apple Music a while back now, but really miss Spotify for everything it is. 

I’m amazed to see that most reviews of Airplay 2 enabled hardware doesn’t mention this glaring oversight with the world’s most popular streaming service. After all, it’s not just Homepods but all speakers and soundbars and what have you.  

patte88

Spotify? I have a HomePod and when I get home I want to say, Hey Siri play some music.

I want it then to play Spotify!

Apple has allowed this support now and it's up to you to fix your app!

You are losing users to Apple Music for no reason... 

sebbe76
This is actually fixed in the latest iOS 14.5 beta. So this will work for
you soon, and in this case it was Apple who needed to add support for it to
work.
brewmast3r
Actually, this isn't true. They added the ability to ask Siri to play music
without specifying "on spotify". Spotify needs to update their app to use
AirPlay 2 still.
sebbe76
I answered the post above, it works with Siri and HomePod in 14.5. I did
not mean AirPlay 2.
WadeA10

How in the world is Airplay2 not yet supported. It's really insane.

Sonnenkind

Currently the Spotify App supports only Airplay 1. Airplay 2 offers better streaming performance and faster response times to commands (Play, Pause etc.) when listening to music over Airplay 2 compatible speakers.

AirPlay 2 should be supported by the iOS Spotify App with the next update. 

Elena
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2021-03-03

Hey @Sonnenkind,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

BristolMusic

Agreed. There must be some terrible old code in their apps - they desperately need to modernise.

supergeek

I think that Airplay 2 is going to be even more essential with Spotify HiFi.