Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Airplay 2 Support for iOS

New idea for earlier closed ideas:

Experiencing delay with Spotify when streaming to multiple Airplay 2 devices. Works with Apple Music 

Updated on 2021-08-07

Hello everyone,

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. To clarify, Spotify will support Airplay 2. Please continue to use this thread to add your votes and comments.

We’ll post updates when they become available.

Comments

If Spotify does not want to implement airplay 2 (which should be compulsory if they want to be on iOS) then they have to implement native support on HomePod and Connect as Apple now ALLOWS IT. The “we have connect and we don’t want to waste time on airplay 2” excuse is no longer valid. 

fanty

Now it's most likely "Well, duh, uhm...Apple is so monopolistic, charges us so much, but we'll have a look into it. No promises! For the meantime we already have an Alexa integration."

To be honest: The competition isn't any better in that regard. Which is just sad.

Chicago_fan

As Apple does open up, Spotify should quickly implement all new features. That would bring legitimacy to their complaints against Apple.

Instead, they just complain. Strongly considering moving to Apple Music, since Spotify seems to be increasingly unwilling to improve user experience for Apple users.

Sonnenkind

I am new to Spotify and was planning to cancel Apple Music to switch to Spotify. I am a bit surprised that a basic technology like Airplay 2 is not supported. What really shocks me though is that Spotify is so silent about this. At least a clear „No we won’t soupieret it because of reason XYZ“ would be the fair thing to do. Why?!

dynAdZ

Since almost ten years I'm regularly wondering how Spotify can be so aggressive to "monopolistic" companies like Apple, which have been one of the main reasons why Spotify is so successfull in first place, and on the other hand is constantly preventing important features from being realized inside the Apple eco-system. Since how many years has Apple granted 3rd party apps to be able to utilize the Apple Watch just like Apple Music does, with StreamKit for example, or has implemented AirPlay 2 which is fairly easy to adopt even for the smallest developer teams. The bare existing of such an "idea" is sarcastic to say at least. AirPlay 2 has been out there for such a long time but Spotify is not able to implement it in the worlds leading streaming service. Instead of really improving their app and implementing the features people want, they put immense pressure to small developers, like forcing them to stop transfer of curated playlists. Think about why people want to move to competing streaming services in first place. Maybe improve your app finally so people actually WANT to stay with Spotify. Thanks for your attention.

BristolMusic

More reason to switch to Apple Music people : ) I've just activated my 3 month free trial after realising how bad the Spotify software was during setting up my new HomePod.

You can always return to Spotify in the future if they actually release up to date technology.

jamescarter5

Shocked that this has still not been added! Spotify lagging behind in tech :S please sort it out!

Kpo_raL

I am experiencing delays, even random stops sometimes, when playing Spotify using AirPlay on my HomePod. Could you please have a look for AirPlay 2 support please?

henrytran026

**bleep** when will this be implemented? This has been long long overdue!

Chicago_fan

Airplay 2 release date: May 2018.

Spotify wants to be #1 in music, but lets its arguments with Apple create blocks for real users.