Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Discover] Restore Touch Preview on iOS App

Touch preview removal on last iOS vers. update looks like it hasn't been a great idea. You are on time to restore it, one of the best Spotify features.

Updated on 2019-03-19

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

This feature was originally removed from the app due to low engagement. There was a statement at the time which you can check out at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it's not something we have any immediate plans to add back onto the app.

If we do have any new info to share we'll check back in here with a new status.

Cheers!

Comments
textoraxel

Are you guys crazy to remove that ?! 🤦🏻‍♂️

It was one of the most useful feature....

can

i was using it a lot, especially in search results. i'm very upset that it is gone.

no preview causes more data usage. that's not a good sitaution while on LTE.

Ridiculous decision to remove this!!!

hawkmark

we are all really sad that you removed this feature guys 😞

Zimc

Please restore this feature.  It was wonderful 

Zimc

If you would like to see Touch Preview come back, you can add your vote to this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Discover-Restore-Touch-Preview-on-iOS-App/idi-p/1900...

shoelessyo

I'm in the process of deciding between Spotify and Amazon for my music. Touch preview was one of 2 features pulling me toward Spotify instead of Amazon. Taking this away now tilts the decision toward Amazon. Amazon lets me upload local music for streaming or download to any device. Spotify's local music process is very cumbersome and annoying.

Savannahwerf

I really really liked the touch preview feature! I used it so often that now that I can't I'm at a loss for what to do when I want to see if the particular song I'm interested in is what i thought it would be. A simple solution to me is to keep the touch preview feature and make it an option, and have other options for what could happen when you tap and hold. It may not be widely used but that's probably because a lot of people didn't know about it. I didn't know it existed until I accidentally held down on a song one day, and since that day I've used it religiously. It's pretty annoying not to have it anymore. 

pjvanhalen

Yes. Bring it back PLEASE!!!!!

Mis3161

I'm so pissed they got rid of this!!! It was one of the few things keeping me on spotify vs going to apple music!!!