Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Discover] Restore Touch Preview on iOS App

Touch preview removal on last iOS vers. update looks like it hasn't been a great idea. You are on time to restore it, one of the best Spotify features.

Updated on 2019-03-19

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

This feature was originally removed from the app due to low engagement. There was a statement at the time which you can check out at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it's not something we have any immediate plans to add back onto the app.

If we do have any new info to share we'll check back in here with a new status.

Cheers!

Comments
nyxanrd
I've always used Pandora a lot so I'm sticking with them
Rmpmap
Thanks
Jonny_

Not cool Spotify. I thought my phone was busted after updating my phone and touch preview wasn’t working having used that feature instinctively my whole Spotify experience, and my life hasn’t been the same since that moment. I tried to find a way to turn this feature back on within the app, and realized it was a permanent change. I am considering canceling my subscription, it’s not worth paying money for to me anymore. 

ConorAndrews96

Can this feature please be added back to the Spotify app? Even if it is restricted to Premium customers only? I used to use this all of the time as it’s a quick was of discovering new music, and was not in a “clunky” fashion, whilst maintaining the playlist I was currently listening to. Bad decision removing this. 

ianl

I haven't read all 60 pages so apologies if some of this is repeated but like many others, it took me a while to discover it wasn't a bug or issue with iOS as it suddenly stopped working. I don't quite understand the thinking behind this move. It was a incredibly useful feature to quickly listening to tracks and discovering new things instantly so in terms of the user experience, this is not a step forward,.

If, it was a part of the licensing conditions then just say, at least people will understand. If it was a case of having to pay for each preview (which could add up I suppose if you do a lot of previews) then I see there is a cost implication but if, as you say, the use of the feature was low, it wasn't really causing a financial impact. I would be happy for this to be a premium only feature as, lets face it, Spotify needs to start making money and so anything that brings in more subscribers is a good thing in my view.

ma_marquezini

Bring back the touch preview, please!!!!!

ma_marquezini

2.957 votes and you said that it had a very low engagement rate??? Oh please.... come on, bring back this amazing feature!

dlacour

I think this is a feature that most people didn’t know about but the people that did used it very heavily. This was one of my absolute favorite features of Spotify and it helped me build a custom queue for any mood really quickly. Now I have to hope I recognize the name of a song as I scroll through when I’m looking for a certain type of music. 

Nooborous

I miss this feature, I used it all the time. I think the low engagement rate was because most people didn't know you could do it.

Hope it comes back some day.

c_lawlz
long press previews aren't only convenient, but they make your recently played track list more usable by only having tracks you "listened" to on there, not every song you want to hear a sample of.  Discovering new music is frustrating now...

I wanted to quote this person above, as it's a valid take I had not considered before

I'm yet another person who chose Spotify over Apple Music (partially) for touch preview.