Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
tryingtothink
This is proving ekstremely hard to resolve.
vbarba

Spotify, please, stop with excuses and implement this

_neo

Hey Siri play my music on Spotify 

lverg

I’m starting to think that Spotify is holding off on implementing the SiriKit API to have Apple slow down or even terminate development of new versions of HomePod due to lack of popular demand. It really feels like employees have received orders to be completely quiet on this matter from more senior management, hence the radio silence on this thread. Every two weeks or so I check back here to see if any progress or announcements have been made and, to be fully honest, every time I do I move a bit more towards subscribing to Apple Music instead of Spotify. I’d rather not, but I’m getting to a point that I will. 

tryingtothink

One might wonder what the Ek is going on.

DaniloSP_80

A word of advice: To all those who are thinking of switching over for this reason, consider your options wisely. I've been an on and off subscriber to these services, and Spotify has mantained by collection and playlists intact for more than a decade, whereas with Apple Music if you cancel the subscription they will erase your streaming collection completely (and your personal collection if you used icloud library feature and forgot to download them locally). In fact, this has happened also with customers who had an issue with the issuer of their credit card and failed to pay for the service in due time... In that regard, Spotify is the more customer-focused service by a long shot. Apple Music seems to be designed by people who love selling subs. 

Yes, Apple highlighted in their Keynote that you can now add services such as Pandora and Amazon as default in the HomePods, but let's be honest here, they'd prefer you use Apple Music, looking to create hostages more than customers with their credit card details on file and a permanent bill. Everything they do is designed to create customer lock-in, wether we like it or not.

That said, this doesn't excuse the poor PR image this is causing Spotify. I believe a lot of Spotify users, myself included, are also Apple users, becuase they believe it is the best service in its field, therefore, an agreement should be made.

kemjem

Daniello, you are absoluly right. Spotify is the better service! Better lists, better GUI. I’m using Spotify and Apple Music in parallel to see if I switch over completely to apple. Not because I want to, but if you own 5 homepods it’s hard to stay at Spotify. 
this hole community topic is worthless, I’m following this since month now, without any progress. I have wrote to ek via Twitter directly with the link to this page. No reaction. I wrote to spotifycares, “we have no information” 

At the end, it will be done some day or not. 
Right now I have transferred all my personal lists to apple via SongShift, which works perfect. 
The day will come, when I just cancel Spotify in a week moment. 

Marrekk

You've canceled your Spotify Premium subscription, which will end on 2021-02-10. 

so I switched again back to AM, that bundle with arcade and tv+ made my decision, however I agree with how Spotify is better in term of music suggestion etc. 

Slim08
I’m happy switching.

Asked on Twitter. Got this answer.

“While this isn't possible right now, and we can't promise any immediate changes, we'll let the right team know you're interested in that. Thanks for your feedback. For anything else, just give us a shout /NH”

joe_12345
I got a similar answer on Twitter. But it is important that every single reader here contacts them on Twitter!

##- Please type your reply above this line -#