Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A50)

Operating System

(Android 9)

My Question or Issue

Just a couple of days before, I could " Add to Playlist " a whole album / EP, and now it's gone / I can't find it.

It's a super useful feature and without it it's just painfully long to add each track individually.

Hey all,

Thanks for the information you gave us and for your patience! 

We're happy to announce that this issue has now been fixed! Please do a clean reinstall to make sure you're using the latest version of Spotify. 

If you're still having troubles, don't hesitate to let us know in the Help Boards. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a great day!  

Comments
d4m0

That "solution" is really no help at all if you actually use your Liked songs list to hold the songs you like, which is what I do. My Liked list is huge and it's been curated over the course of years. I really don't want to start adding whole albums to it just to be able to add them to a playlist. We just need "Add album to playlist" to be returned.

Thank you @Katerina for at least getting someone looking at it at Spotify.

liamrouse5

It's a solution for people who dont mind about having songs in their liked playlist. Just a way around users getting full albums into a specific playlist. Just because it doesnt help you doesnt mean it wont help others 👍🏼

kottalovag

ahhh, glad some other A50 user also faced this issue. I am going mad/google music if this does not get solved.

Edelli
This is no use if you have already reached your liked song limit however.
docstrangelove

I'm acutally really appalled that they will just throw out such an essential feature without communication and... in order to do what exactly?

For me this is usability breaking since I reached the 10,000 song library threshold years ago and to add whole albums to a playlist is the only way for me to keep new stuff I wanna listen to organized.

Recently I convinced my whole family to switch over to Spotify. I'll see, how this will be handled in the coming weeks. If it isn't fixed, I'll cancel definitely.

I've been a premium subscriber ever since Spotify started its service in Germany in 2012. This really makes me angry as I can't possibly imagine what benefit could stem from removing such a basic essential feature.

Lamiquiz

Dear team,

I never wrote in a forum like this.

I am a premium suscriber since ages...

One of most interesting features for me in Spotify is to add complete albums to playlists that I create every quarter (1Q19, 2Q19...). I always add full albums so that I can listen to them in the near future. The concept of listening complete albums is still basic for some of us....

I never use the library as I have been working with playlists for ages. I see some of them are from 2010 and 2011!

Screenshot_20190925-231917_Spotify.jpg

Please, consider to solve this, I am considering looking at other options if this continues...

Thank you!

MyNDSETER

I also make playlist for every quarter/season. And now that this feature is gone. I can't do that easily. If this is intentional, it's a garbage decision. Are the developers just bored and giving themselves things to do. Job security as they say. What a joke. 

DEG_fan

On Monday, I finish listening to Discover Weekly. FOR EACH SONG that I enjoyed, I add that song's album to a weekly playlist. I then proceed to listen to that playlist, and I usually finish the playlist by Friday. I've been doing this process for over a year now. These playlists end up being 13-21 hours long. It's a lot of music. I'd say the song count ranges from 150-230 songs a week.

Being that Spotify has 10,000 song limit, there is no way I'd be able to save all the songs that I like, so I rely on playlists. But now that the "add full album to playlist" is gone, my weekly routine of discovering music and album listening too has been ruined.

Screenshot_20190926-070943.png

Let's say I like every song of the Discover Weekly (30 songs), I'd obviously want to go listen to those albums, because that's the purpose of Discover Weekly right? Let's say each of those albums has 5 songs, we're looking at 150 songs per week to save, meaning 7,800 songs a year (150 x 52 = 7,800). Therefore, a long time user, such as myself, or a short time user (1 - 2 years) would reach the 10,000 song cap very quickly.

Because of the song cap, I have a memo of all the new albums I enjoy but can't save. And as for the albums I really want to save, I have to enter them in a playlists.

spotix

This NEEDS to be fixed/reverted. I'm like countless others that have a playlist of stuff to listen to later. I just add entire albums and listen during the week, then add the best songs to a collection of my favorites, then clear them from that original playlist. How could such AN ESSENTIAL feature be removed?? If it comes to light that this is an intentional change, it would be the first time ever I have considered cancelling my subscription. It's a MASSIVE part of how I listen to music and use this app. It's usually how I decide to buy a physical copy of a release, usually vinyl. To me, this feature is make or break. It's that simple. This needs to addressed and I sincerely hope the functionality is brought back. 

dontbeadrip

I used this feature all the time for albums I want to listen to later mostly - really annoyed to see this has been removed, but always wondered why spotify doesn't have a specific 'listen later' feature that would be better than having to create lots of single album playlists.