Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes when trying to play content on Vivo devices

Folks are reporting that the Spotify app is crashing when playback is attempted on a Vivo android mobile device.

Hey folks!

We are glad we're seeing no new reports about this and will be closing the thread 🙂
In case the issue resurfaces or you have any other questions, you may reach out to us anytime!
Thanks!

Comments
ksreevamsi32

Whenever I am trying to play music, app is crashing. I tried to restart the device, uninstall and reinstall spotify but none of them are working but when I downloaded spotify lite and tried to play music it worked and when again tried to play music from spotify the device details are getting populated with some name and it is playing but when I uninstall spotify lite again the problem starts. Till yesterday it was working fine and after update this problem started. Please help me.

Proma

I am facing the same problem. It works fine opens every setting but when I am trying to play the music it crashes. I tried using Spotify lite then it works, but when i uninstall spotify lite it crashes. I am so sad and dissapointed. Nothing works

Proma

My phone is Android 12 and I tried playing it on other device like my laptop and it works

OscarDC

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

Usually, these issues are related to stored cache from previous updates that affects the proper behavior of the app. We understand you’ve already tried some troubleshooting steps including reinstalling. However, we’d like to suggest a clean reinstall as this is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you’re currently running. This will give us a better look at the issue to investigate further. 

We’ll be on the lookout. 

aryamishmish

I am facing the same issue since today morning. I have an Android 11 Vivo X70 Pro and a Spotify Premium account. The app keeps closing by itself and i have tried restarting the app, restarting my device, force stopping the app, reinstalling the app and changing my network. Nothing is working. Please help.

Proma
Same I am using Vivo phone as well
Proma

I am facing the problem on my Vivo V2116 phone. OS version is 12. The Spotify version is 8.7.34.1312

Proma

I am facing the problem on my Vivo V2116 phone. OS version is 12. The Spotify version is 8.7.34.1312

Swapnadeep

Just Remove NANO Music Player from Home Screen, and don't use that, it creates this kind of bugs thats force close spotify when try to play music, remove that app ( nano music player ) and reboot your device 😉

Proma

It still does not work for me. I stopped Nano Music player from app setting, denied permission cleared the storage and forced stop it. The app does not have any uninstall or disable options. I am so sad right now