Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Collaborative playlist links not working

Hey everyone, 

We've received some reports from users who have issues joining and inviting other users to collaborative playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed in version 8.9.34. Make sure to upgrade before generating another link and do let us know if the issue persists with this app version.

Thanks!

Comments
I did all the steps you mentioned a few times, but still my friends cant add songs to our playlist, also one of my friends tried it and it didn‘t work
Mitre226644

I am also experiencing this problem. 

Hopefully this information is helpful to troubleshoot. 

• iPhone 14 Pro
  • iOS 17.4.1
  • Spotify App is up to date
  • I used to make collaborative playlists all the time so I am familiar with how it’s done, but just to be sure I went back and followed the instructions on the support page
  • When I receive an invite to collaborate on a playlist, I make sure I can’t add songs either directly from the playlist, or by clicking the … and adding the song to a playlist
  • When I share a playlist and invite friends to be collaborators, they receive the link but also cannot do what I mentioned above. 

I appreciate you looking into this. If I can answer any questions you have that could help troubleshoot I’d be glad to help. 

MichaWhite

I’m having this same issue. I have tried removing and downloading the app on mobile and desktop. The issue persists. I’ve received a collaborative link and can’t add to it and I’ve also tried sending a collaborative link, but none of my invitees can add to it. Please fix! 

darlinghowl

I'm also having this issue. 

Ebonycarae

Same issue!!

ashwhizz

Got the same issue. Been trying to join a playlist to collaborate on however whenever i press on the link it just takes me to the playlist and doesn’t give me the option to join as a collaborator 

Justinruba

I too am unable to have people add to my playlist. I tried through a friends account and she was unable to have people add to hers (we both have premium). Please fix this and let me share some jams with my girlies!!!

woodycakes

Having the same issue! Was able to do just last week but this week, it isn’t working anymore. 

junostr05

Having a similar issue where I want to create a collaborative playlist, but my friend just gets the playlist just like the normal link. Tried deleting the app and everything but nothing worked

Montaned

This is a huge issue! I went thru and like each comment to amplify. Can’t Spotify just dedicate resources to this and fix it within a few hours? Who do we need to call? Which software engineer wants to be a hero!? Be the hero!! Solve the playlist collab!