Announcements

[Desktop] Doesn't show accurate number of songs saved anymore

Hey. I use Spotify as my main music library and I have a little OCD regarding checking up on the precise number of saved songs in my "Liked songs" section, just to check up that I didn't delete any songs by mistake.
I used to be able to just Command+A and then drag the mouse up to show how many songs I have saved, but after I updated both my spotify and Mac OS a couple of days ago, this doesn't work anymore. The number of saved songs now only show 100, and I know I have close to 7000 songs saved, so this feature doesn't work for me anymore. Really hope there is a fix for this as I actually use it a lot.

Hey again folks,

Thanks again for all your reports! 

We've let our developers know about this and they're investigating.

As a heads up while we don't have an exact timeline for a fix, we'd recommend keeping your Spotify app up to date to guarantee you’re rocking all the latest features and fixes. There's some helpful info on doing that here.

Have a lovely day 🙂
Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate keeping us updated about this!

We've passed this on to our tech teams and they're looking it this.

If you're having troubles seeing all Liked songs selected when clicking Ctrl+A or CMD+A, make sure to add your +VOTE to let us know.

As a workaround for now, you can select all using Ctrl+A/CMD+A, then you can scroll down and click the same buttons again, and again, until they are all selected.

We'd also recommend subscribing to this thread so you can stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on. Thanks!

Katerina
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey again folks,

Thanks again for all your reports! 

We've let our developers know about this and they're investigating.

As a heads up while we don't have an exact timeline for a fix, we'd recommend keeping your Spotify app up to date to guarantee you’re rocking all the latest features and fixes. There's some helpful info on doing that here.

Have a lovely day 🙂
Mortvillain
Regular

@Katerina Yeah im using Spotify version 1.1.17.543.geb9254e9
And the newest Catalina mac OS

SJDrury
Regular

The status is "Not Right Now" on a software bug? I can understand that for a new feature or something, but this is clearly an error. I've always had good experiences with Spotify in the past, but this seems pretty lame you don't care to fix a clear and simple bug.

bkeys818
Casual Listener

I found (the easiest) workaround for this problem using Tune My Music. There are similar sites. This is just the best one I found. Here is a detailed step-by-step.

Copy Songs

1. Click "Let's start"
  2. Select "Spotify"
  3. Click "Load from you Spotify account"
  4. Login (you only have to do this the first item)
  5. Select one or more of the following to be copied: favorite songs, favorite albums, favorite artist, any of your playlist
  6. Select "Export to File"
  7. Choose "CSV" and hit "select"
  8. Click "Start moving my music" (this step may take a while depending on how many songs are selected)

Paste Songs

1. When the songs have finished exporting and the file downloads, go back to the homepage
  2. Click "Let's start"
  3. Select "Upload file"
  4. Upload the file from earlier
  5. Hit "Select Destination"
  6. Select "Spotify"
  7. Click "Start Moving My Music"

The one downside is that your music won't be in the same order, but it's better than nothing.

Hope that works for you!

------------

@Mortvillain @SJDrury @oiza @Loxer

alexeib
Casual Listener

what is the reason why making it so pressing ctrl-a does what it says and selects all songs cannot be implemented? this sounds like an easy problem to solve - would be good to tell us an actual technical reason as to why this hasn't been done in as long as I've had spotify (years)

jpmorlen
Visitor

I can scroll which gives the appearance of selecting more, but sometimes it still only does a partial copy. It leaves large chunks unselected even when smoothly and slowly scrolling through the library.

For the programmatically inclined, you can write a python script with the spotipy library to select all your liked songs using the Spotify API. 

Either way, this is supposed to already work and a Spotify user should not have to implement a feature on their own

hugopro

This is just embarrassing. Not being to fix a 'select all' feature in 1.5 years.