Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Recently Played section not updating anymore

Hi team,

For any reason, the Mac Desktop "Recently Played" section doesn't get refreshed.

The one of the web player of the iOS app works perfectly.

I already did a clean reinstallation of the desktop app and the issue occurs whatever other laptop I use.

(see attached screenshots)

Any idea?

desktop 1.png
desktop 2.png
Image.png

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
_magaldi

i cant believe this issue is still ongoing after almost a year, i understand it's probably not top priority but cmon

zDemoox

How is this in the "not right now" status? we pay for the service, and we don't even get attention for annoying problems like these? i'm tired of seeing always the same albums/artists on my homepage. it's time you should fix it.

sbtrct

I Googled this exact question because it's been bugging me for months, I see a thread with the exact issue marked 'solved', and the solution is...

Not right now? 

C'mon Spotify, sort it out. I'm paying €180 a year for this service and I have a reasonable expectation that this includes basic bug fixes.

lastwillis

Had a similar issue fall 2019.

For me a uninstall, and reinstall across all devices: iphone, ipad and desktop and resolved the issue.

etbebl321

A previous commenter said:

A friend linked it to me to get my opinion and since then it has invaded the space of my Homepage without leaving room for anything I actually recently play.

I also noticed that the two albums stuck on the home page "recently played" on my Windows 10 desktop app were ones that were shared with me as links and that I opened and probably played in the web player. Things I play directly from the desktop app don't show up.

I just tried playing something new in the web player and so far it hasn't shown up yet in the desktop app. But I think there is some kind of pattern here.

Gaben38

Yeah, desktop version (W10) is broken, recently played on home page shows old things.
Android app shows recently played just great.

tjramage

I'm having this issue too on my desktop install. Recently played works fine on my iPhone – but it's at least 3/4 months out of date on my desktop...

-utx_8anh1qw

this is SOOOO annoying. please tell the managers handling these bugs to put this on the dev's TODO list

therealolat

This has been going on for more than a year for me.
Me and my friends are cancelling premium until this is fixed.

bailly

I just switched to PC recently as I built a gaming PC and this is soooooooo annoying. Please make this a priority!