Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
Joe418
Worked for me. THANKS.
Joe418

where is Accept as a Solution?

CarlosE

Hi @Joe418,

It's great to know it worked for you. 

As a heads-up, the Accept as a Solution button is only available for the author of the original post, but we appreciate you taking the time to share with the Community that it worked.

For anything else you need, the Community is here for you.

Have a good one 🙂

Deejaycrox

Well this doesn’t seem to work at all.  I am stuck at 1 track downloaded and no amount of messing seems to sort it out.  When I try and change to play on watch and select my AirPods it connects, then just blasts the music out of my phone speaker and says there was a problem.  

Deejaycrox
Ok, so, what worked for me was putting my iPhone into Airplane mode, with WiFi and Bluetooth also turned off. With the watch only connected via WiFi, it suddenly started downloading the playlists I had requested.
CarlosE

Hey @Deejaycrox,

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the Community.

We appreciate you taking the time to share what worked for you. Just to confirm, did everything work as expected with your downloads after turning Airplane mode on and all your connections in the phone again?

Keep us posted.

Deejaycrox

Yes, so it would seem downloads don't sync if the watch is connected to iPhone.  Here’s the exact steps I take to make it work, ensuring Apple Watch is connected to WiFi:

1. With everything as normal (iPhone not in airplane mode, with WiFi and Bluetooth on) select a playlist to download to Apple Watch in the Spotify app on iPhone
  2. Playlist appears in the Apple Watch downloads list, in grey with “1 of x downloaded”.  This never appears to go any further.
  3. Put iPhone into Airplane mode with WiFi and Bluetooth also switched off
  4. Force close Apple Watch app
  5. Relaunch Apple Watch app
  6. Apple Watch downloads the songs over WiFi 
Snafu27

Same issue for me. Apple Watch 4 says the playlist is downloading but even after 24 hours still hasn't downloaded a playlist with 1 item!

CarlosE

Hey @Deejaycrox,

That's great to hear!

Again, thanks for sharing the detailed steps that worked for you. We'll mark your reply as a solution for now, as it may be helpful for other users.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

c_lawlz

which step made it work? Or did you do all of them?