Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error code: 30

Plan

Premium

Country

United Arab Emirates

Device

Macbook Pro late 2019

Operating System

OS X

My Question or Issue

I repeatedly get the firewall error message and I've run every fix suggested on this community. It simply refuses to work. It works perfectly on my Android phone however.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 9.24.50 PM.png
Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports so far!

As this issue could be caused by individual network setups, we'll mark it as Not Right Now for now since it's something that will need to be looked into individually or could get resolved by an overall system and/or functionality change.

If you're experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure to try all the relevant steps first as these usually do the trick:
  • Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.
If you're still having troubles after checking all these, let us know by starting a new thread in the related Help Board and including all the steps you've tried so far and their outcome. We'll be happy to take a closer look and lend a hand there!
Comments
Gambitbjj
Hi Francesco,
Thanks for trying to help, I only see the following file names:

hosts
lmhosts.sam
networks
protocol
services
FrancescoGmuzzo

Ok, try to fix that without opening the hosts.backup, it may work

Gambitbjj
Clean install also did nothing.
EthanS1
If the steps aren’t working out the clean reinstall and the host files,
then please follow the instructions in the thread to reach out directly to
Spotify so this can be looked into further!
FrancescoGmuzzo

Open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc , just copy that in the search bar, and than it should appear hosts and hosts backup, which you have to modify through note pad

nnezi

It doesn't work. My Hosts file is genuine (as before I installed Spotify client) and protected, anyway, by Avira AV so no app. can change it. The problem is elsewhere (at least in my case).

---

Update:I found it: Same problem; Different location. In my Router there was a list of blocked URL(s). I cleaned that list, and everything is back to normal. I guess that a new version of the Spotify Client requires to resolve one of the blocked URL(s) in order to log in.

FrancescoGmuzzo
Ok, I don't know how to fix that :c
CreaD1

hi should i delete this text also #Bloqueo publicidad Spotify 

FrancescoGmuzzo

Yes, the whole block of code related to that line

FrancescoGmuzzo
Happy to hear that!