Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with playing tunes outside of Liked Songs or playlists on the desktop app

Hey there,

We're aware of issues with playing songs outside of the Liked Songs collection or playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hi folks,

A few days have passed, so the latest version which includes the fix should now be available to everyone! You'll find more info on how to update the app in this article.

Once again thank you all for the collective effort in aiding us during the investigation. You're awesome!

Cheers!

Top Answer
Yordan

Awesome! Thanks for confirming folks! I'm honestly so happy to finally hear that!

A massive thank you to each and every one of you in this thread. The help and dedication you've shown here is beyond admirable, and for that you have our utmost respect!

We'll give this a few more days so that the others can also confirm the desktop app's working normally now. Fingers crossed!

Cheers everyone! You rock!

Comments
JensDL

@OwlNZ have you tried downgrading to the latest release in februari and try to run that version as administrator 

mdeg
Rob1nho

Hello I have bought a Spotify premium it all works nice but when I go to desktop PC with Windows 11 and I want to search a song for example<Heaven> and I click on play it wont play me a song UNTIL I add it into playlist. Please help 

dbroyer

I can't believe this still isn't fixed. 

I have been using the Spotify feature in Opera as a workaround, but I should be able to use the app that I pay for! 

It's absolutely unacceptable. What the heck are your developers doing, Spotify?

If I search a band and then click on arrow sign to start the song nothing happens? If I go to liked songs and do the same they seem to play OK?
Microbirdy
Hey there, I'm using Spotify via Sonos. 3 days ago it suddenly appeared that my liked song list (favourite Songs) won't play in Sonos anymore. I can play any other playlist, no matter whether it has been created by Spotify or myself, only the liked songs doesn't work. I have authorised my account again, I've emptied the cache (both, Spotify and Sonos), removed Spotify from Sonos and added it anew, nothing helps. Sonos support claims it's a Spotify issue. I've tested it on my Win 11 desktop, same problem occurs.
Or might it be that the number of songs is too big`? Right now, my favourite songs list contains 1585 songs.
hello00
  • Timestamp of the last occurrence including your time zone: April 13, 2023, 3:17 AM (GMT+8)

• OS version: Windows 10 22H2

• Spotify version: Spotify 1.2.8.923.g4f94bf0d

• Log file using the steps below depending on which client you use:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T7UqJN6cpbgTPpL7B4wKQ-08gP3wHKf6/view?usp=share_link 

Songs in the playlists can be played immediately, but those in the albums cannot be played.

Sometimes the songs in problem can be played but it takes a long time after clicking the play button.

There's no problem for me on Spotify web player.

Aimjock
I’ve encountered an issue with Spotify on Windows 11 where some searched songs won’t play, whilst others will. Clicking the play button during a search usually stops the current song, or just doesn’t play it if I’m not playing a song. Some songs work, and others don’t, and which ones work and don’t work switches constantly. Most songs don’t work. Playing songs in liked songs and playlists mostly works, but I’ve had problems doing that occasionally as well.

I’ve attempted a clean reinstall of Spotify three times without success. Any help is much appreciated!
Irisu
I have tried reinstalling, Tried a different family members account. There are many songs that are not playable on the spotify desktop app yet i can listen to it on the web player (example Daniel Caesars new album)
Yordan

Howdy everyone,

Our tech folks have made some changes backstage in the latest version 1.2.9. Could you try updating the app and checking if everything looks good now?

Keep us posted!