Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Low volume when casting Spotify

Hello

I had been using spotify with several google home devices for a few months with no problem.

It started about 1 month ago for no reasons: I have a very low volume when casting spotify on my devices:

Harman Kardon Citation 500

Google home mini

It means when I use google assistant or any other app (tunein for radio, bluetooth on the speaker..) the volume is perfectly fine and loud. When I Switch to Spotify I have to double the volume level at least to get the same output...!

Harman Kardon support couldn't help me at all so I hope someone can give me a solution ?

I've try unplugging the speakers, factory reset... didn't work

Thank you !

PS: i'm not a native english speaker so I hope I was clear enough

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for all your valuable information.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Ivan

Hey @Roy35

Thanks for getting back to us. 

To help us investigate this further, would you mind sending us a short video recording showing the actions you perform along with the outcome you get? Just attach the video to your next reply by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

It'd also be great if the video displays the difference between when casting to Spotify and when using another streaming service, e.g. YouTube. 

Keep us in the loop here. 

Alex

Hey there @Albert_F,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of your Spotify app, following the exact steps provided here, specific to your device.

Also, make sure that your Nest Mini is running the latest firmware update.

If the issue persists, let us know if you experience the low volume issue when you play directly from the speaker or only when casting from another device like your phone.

Keep us posted.

Jeremy

Hey there @Nisssya,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you confirm if you followed these steps? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Also, does it make a difference when you change the audio quality settings in the Spotify app? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

minniemee_24
It's the same issue on Android. I'm having this same problem.
Alex

Hey @minniemee_24,

Welcome to the Community!

Do you mind uploading a video of how thigs look and function on your end? 

You can add it as an attachment to your next reply or through another video sharing platform.

Cheers.

Albert_F

I have already done that  but I think you don't understand it is not the app. Even when I voice command the speaker to play music it has a lower volume.

My Nest Mini has a new preview firmware at the moment but this was happening before the update.

Other services work fine with no volume difference. Ex: TuneIn is at the same volume level as before.

This issue is happening only when playing music from Spotify with or without the phone casting.

minniemee_24

The video file size was too large to upload, so I have posted it to YouTube here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8DCxUd7ywo

In the video you can see that when I cast directly from Google Home the volume is higher than when I cast through the Spotify app, even though the speaker volume still shows 20% and has not been touched.

Roy35

I have put the video on Youtube because I can not upload .MOV files here.

see: https://youtu.be/marmV0Zrlfc

Paulfree79
I've had this problem off and on since using spotify,  volume can be great for month's then for no reason it drops by about 30% before it goes back to normal which can take month's, the only feed back you get is try a different device or change your settings, reinstall the app things like this which is so frustrating because it has nothing to do with that and now they want video of it which makes it sound like they don't even belive its happening. What I have found out is that when spotify sends you the music the volume automatically gets lowered (something to do with health and safety) so it seems to me that when we stream from spotify the volume is getting lowered far to much for some reason, Maybe this is what they need to look into. I love using spotify but I can no longer pay for this service if the problem continues. Please please spotify get this sorted 
Mihail

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us and for the troubleshooting so far.

We've gathered the info from this thread and sent it over to the right team for further investigation. We'll share any updates on the matter here, as soon as there are any.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.