Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Performance issues on iOS devices

Hey folks,

We've received reports that iOS users are experiencing technical issues on their devices (running version 8.8.72.623 or higher). The app is crashing or the playback suddenly stops.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should be fixed in version 8.8.81.573. If you don't see a pending update, you can manually update from Spotify's App Store page.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Trev_6975

I'm glad things seem to be working for some of you (finally) but for me, it was too little, too late.  I cancelled my Spotify pro Friday and switched to Amazon music, which works MUCH better than the last time I tried it a few years ago.

nomechiten

Device: Iphone 6s

iOs: 15.7.9

Spotify version: 8.8.81.573

So far it seems to be fixed for me too.

Gunnar321

It looks like the app works properly for me so far. I have played approx. 50 songs without any problems.

Version: 8.8.81.573

ee271

Same issue still ocurring

After a few skips (or after getting to a song that is part of the Liked playlist) the app won’t allow skipping to the next song or even pausing the song that is currenty playing. The only way to stop the music then is by closing the app entirely.

iPhone 7, iOS 15.7.1

Spotify version 8.8.80.570

EstherEs

@ee271 they’ve released an update today. I thought 8.8.81

Larry-Person

So far perfectly stable after the latest update. Thanks for the fix!

Bill1

I have communicated with Spotify support and was finally told that the constant streaming problem is their issue. I would much prefer to have been told that to begin with rather than being slowly bumped up the customer service food chain.
I know many people experiencing this exact same app freezing problem using Apple devices. A number of them are now so frustrated that they’ve begun a free trial of Apple Music. I’m about there myself.

Spotify needs to be transparent about this problem or lose credibility. 

RR0201

Seems to be sorted. Cheers

Jena426
The last update has finally fixed my issue with iPod. Hope it helps you.
nix2301

Strangely the App Store app was not showing an update for Spotify and I literally had to go into the app on the App Store to see an update option.

Did that and then tried furiously tapping skip and couldn’t get it to freeze on an album.

Then tried a playlist with about 175 tracks and at one point realised it wasn’t skipping any more but it let me pause and then play and after that I could skip again.

Using the same playlist I then skipped rapidly again and after a point it wasn’t skipping so I tried pausing and playing but still wouldn’t skip.

So then I used the slider to go to near the end of the song and let it play and at the end of the track it skipped to the next track.

So then tried skipping frantically again and it seemed to work again.

So really close to being fixed but still the occasional break in the skipping process when smashing that skip button like an 80s arcade machine.