Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Performance issues on iOS devices

Hey folks,

We've received reports that iOS users are experiencing technical issues on their devices (running version 8.8.72.623 or higher). The app is crashing or the playback suddenly stops.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should be fixed in version 8.8.81.573. If you don't see a pending update, you can manually update from Spotify's App Store page.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Top Answer
Vasil

Hey folks!

For anyone still experiencing this issue - please refer to the new thread over here.
We'll keep you posted!

Comments
nix2301

Also can repeat this process above to replicate the issue.

I guess in normal use I don’t rapidly tap skip and that was just my testing methodology to replicate the problem so in theory it should work a lot better for me now.

I will wait and see.

iPhone 7, iOS 15.7.9, Spotify 8.8.81.573 

nix2301

Further when the above scenario occurs the skip button will show the artwork for only 2 tracks forward or 2 tracks backward of the playing track even though it won’t skip forward or backward.

Again sliding to near the end of the song and letting it play out then does skip to the next track and all is good after that.

I guess it’s like when I used to tell my kids to “stop playing with the up/down button for the car windows because eventually you’re going to break it”.

MihailY
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should be fixed in version 8.8.81.573. If you don't see a pending update, you can manually update from Spotify's App Store page.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Vasil

Hey folks!

For anyone still experiencing this issue - please refer to the new thread over here.
We'll keep you posted!