Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Can't open link" error on iOS when opening from Spotify widget

Hey,

We're receiving reports that users are getting the error message "Can't open link' when opening the app from the widget.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
Vulcan-

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 16.6.1

My Question or Issue

Every time I open the spotify app on my phone, I get the “couldn’t open link” popup. I restarted my phone multiple times but it won’t stop. Even if the app was already loaded, it still happens every time. If don’t click “ok” and close the app, I get the popup twice in a row. 

Un_XD

Plan

Premium

Device

Iphone 14 pro max

(iOS 17)

My Question or Issue

I have this problem where when I open my Spotify widget from homescreen when it’s on liked songs playlist, the pop up of can’t open this type of link on this device pops up, other playlist doesn’t do that and when I open it from the app, the pop up doesn’t appear. It’s only from the widget and I have restarted and reinstalled the app and etc. It’s just on my iPhone. Also I have tried other accounts and still same issue and I have tried my account on other devices and they also show this pop up.

IMG_5394.png
Lyonjik

Same issue, also iPhone 

Ji88

same here, also iPhone. I updated my ios and restarted iPhone but it didn't help. 

Bullyboy2101

Same issue iphone 14 pro . Only on liked songs when i open the app from widget. Tried restarting reinstalling clearing cache and its not helping 

Paverse

The same issue here. iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 17.0.3.

Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this happens immediately after you open the app or when you try to do something specific like play music, add songs to the Queue or a playlist, etc.? 

On another note, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on your iPhone to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind checking if the same happens while connected to a different network?

We'll be on the lookout.

lupe_

Same issue, my device is an iphone 12 mini. And that notification only appears when opening the app through widget. But so far I am still able to listen to music just fine. 

Dansharonkids

My iPod has the same problem today

Spice903

Hello,

This happens when I use the iPhone 14 pro home screen widget for Spotify. It does not happen if I click the app icon. The clean install did not work, my phone and the app are up to date and it occurs on wifi and cellular.  Thanks.