Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops after playing few songs on Echo devices

We've received multiple reports where repeat stops working & playback pauses after a few songs on Amazon Echo devices.

Hey there folks,

We've checked with our teams and this should now be fixed for everyone 🙂

Make sure that your Echo device is up-to-update, should you still experience issues. You can do this by asking Alexa for an update with the voice command - "Alexa, check for updates".

If the above doesn't do the trick, and the issue persists, we recommend that you create a new thread on our Help Board, so we can look into it further.

Cheers!

Comments
_bethpark

This is genius, thank you! Never thought of that before. Upon a further investigation there’s also a 12 hour podcast on brown noise called Deep Brown Noise | Sleep Sounds 

byersnc

Not a big fan of the waves one....sounds like I am sleeping on the top deck of a pirate ship in a tough storm lol 

sitcom987

Same for me, both on iPhone and android.

WalkbytheSpirit

Ditto. Started about one week ago.

Smiler6745

I am also having the same problem despite having a two hour chat with Amazon and carrying out all the 'normal/standard' fixes again at their insistence.........automatically pausing after a few songs when playing music on Spotify through Echo Dots still occurring.  Works fine when using Spotify on computer or phone and when connecting either to a bluetooth speaker.  Appears to be a Spotify/Alexa software issue.......everything has been working fine for years but started playing upabout 2 weeks ago.  Come on Spotify/Amazon.........get it sorted.

byersnc

Like I said I went on reddit and apparently started reading that they are aware of this. Based off my previous reply this just has to be an error on spotify's part (if you go on the amazon alexa spotify skills tab they are getting pounded with bad reviews from the last few days). Also for some reason I think I have the issue on my phone....I started a playlist and then randomly stopped 40 minutes in. 

willgm

Same here, stated about a week ago and looks like it is getting worst every day, sometimes it just plays one music and stops!!

Drmunchgin

Same here, on both of my echo devices. Very frustrating as I use Spotify on the echo in my baby daughter's room to put/keep her asleep.

selvasof

Stesso problema da quasi una settimana! spero possano risolvere al più presto 

S55tve

I’ve been having the same issue as well, and it’s happening on all my echo devices. Been through all the suggested fixes to no avail.