Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops on mobile devices. Progress bar stays at 0:00.

Hey folks!

We're getting reports from both Android and iOS users about the app stopping audio playback. This usually occurs after successfully playing 1-3 tracks without issues.

We wanted to let you know that this is being investigated and we'll keep you posted on how it goes in this thread!

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and sharing your troubleshooting info with the Community!

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Ditz92

Been experiencing this for a week and haven't got solution. I played 4 songs and it's just stop working. Tried clear cache, clear data, reinstall, logout and login, it happened again. So frustating

Device: Samsung S22+ , Android 12

Plan: Premium

coolg

Folks is been several days now and no update on the status of the investigation. Am I going to get refunded for this loss of service?????? When can we expect a resolution???????

This is totally unacceptable. Please advise on when we can expect this to be solved or should I consider pulling my subscription. I am paying for a service I am not receiving!!!

Remigius111

Plan

Premium 

Country

Canada

Device

BlackView A80Pro

Operating System

Android 

When I listen to an album I have downloaded, it stops playing at the end of a song or start playing a different song than the next on the playlist, for no reasons. This has been going on for a very long time, maybe ever since I started using Spotify. I tried re-installing Spotify many times, clearing cache, etc. And shuffle is off, there is no reason for this. I am considering cancelling my subscription this is very annoying.

isatm

It's been 2 weeks since I'm having this issue and I'm getting very annoyed. I listen to music almost the whole day and now I have to download the album to listen because nothing seems to solve this problem. I cleared cache, did a clean reinstall, switched accounts and nothing worked. Honestly, I'm thinking about cancelling subscription. 

jevolution

Plan

Premium 

Country

Trinidad and Tobago 

Device

Pixel 4XL

Operating System

Android 12

Same issue everyone has been describing. Tried the suggested steps but this issue is still recurring. Happening about 3 weeks now.

jdog9998881

i’ve got an iphone 12 and i’m having same issues.. I delete the app and use web player sometimes but it’s very annoying.

Ayinde

I have been experiencing such issue, playback pauses just after playing two tracks on my Redmi note 10 pro. I have tried to do a clean reinstall, clear cache and others but have been unsuccessful. I hope Spotify team will fix this as soon as possible as it is starting to get frustrating and taking way too long. On premium, I am considering closing my account with Spotify.

deumateus

Been experiencing this for almost 2 weeks. Android 12, Google Pixel 6

I even subscribed to the Beta version of spotify (right now I'm using 8.7.54.393) and still, the problem persists. It works ok for downloaded songs but not the ones that need to be downloaded. Right now I'm listening to a downloaded playlist and then if I try to listen to something new it gets stuck like the screenshot below.

deumateus_0-1659429389985.jpeg

Harshhyena

Same issue here!

Some songs start, but stop after 14-15 seconds, I can't play any other songs as they don't start at all. Have reinstalled the app, changed phone, cleared memory from app, nothing helps. It truly is useless to pay for this app....

Spotify: Premium, duo

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 plus, Oneplus 7 T Pro Mclaren edition.

New app version downloaded

jdog9998881

i can’t download any music or listen to more than 2 songs without everything freezing up

• I have iphone 12