Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops on mobile devices. Progress bar stays at 0:00.

Hey folks!

We're getting reports from both Android and iOS users about the app stopping audio playback. This usually occurs after successfully playing 1-3 tracks without issues.

We wanted to let you know that this is being investigated and we'll keep you posted on how it goes in this thread!

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and sharing your troubleshooting info with the Community!

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
Rebas

I tried everything on my Google pixel 4a, nothing seems to work. On my other devices it works just fine and even on this device it works on the app. I contacted the support team on two occasions and for while my problem was resolved.

The first one just gave me a test account to try with, it worked and when I switched to my account again it worked for a while then had the same problem after !!!

Then in the second time the support guy asked me to logout, he did something then asked me to log in again and it worked. I stopped the app tried again just to make sure it was still working so I confirmed to him that it worked. Then again after a while to problem came back again.

It's so annoying and frustrating not to be able to listen to your music like this for a whole week now 

SpinSpace

I'am very sorry for the late response, had a tough week. Been using the old version of the app all this time. Yes, the latest version of Spotify was from Google Play Store of course. Then when I couldn't resolve the issue I've tried the older version apks from uptodown.com. As mentioned before, older version works just fine. Short recording of behaviour on the latest version is attached. I've also attached the screen recording which shows that everything is fine on older 8.7.38.670 version.

fabianjp

Plan

Premium

Country

CHILE

Device

GALAXY NOTE 20 ULTRA

Operating System

ANDROID

My Question or Issue

Hi guys i can't play any music on my phone, dont know why, i can control on any other device from my phone, but when i pick play on the phone the music get stuck on 0:00 then i can't go on listening. I tried everything: clear cache, uninstall an reinstall, restart the phone and nothing...

this thing its very annonyning

can you help me please.

regards

zero_3

Had the same issue. This only happens when streaming. Please fix

Nogueiraand

I am having the same problem.

The app Plays 2 or 3 songs and after that it stops playing. 

Samsung s20 fe - Android 12

Spunky1

Hello, I'm also having a similar problem. I have a free account. Whenever I try to play a playlist, the firs 1-2 songs are fine, but then it tries to load an ad. It gets stuck on 0:00. There no way to skip it and even if i try to play another playlist, the song just won't start. This isn't an issue on my pc (windiws 11, spotify downloaded from microsoft store). Im having problems with android version of spotify(Samsun galaxy note 10+, android 12, oneui 4.1). Again, pc doesn't have a problem, but my android phone does. So I don't think it's something to do with my account. 

rajithe

Having the same issue in my Galaxy S22 Ultra with Android 12. Song play just stops after 1 or 2 songs. Tried login again, cache clearing and reinstalling. No change.

Bigbeavis01

On the App, I am unable to load any playlists. Any of the ones pre-made, such as "this is (artist name)" just display the rolling green loading circle. Any Playlists generated for me, such as daily ones, say they're empty. 

But when I go to spotify through the browser,  everything works, playlists load, music plays. 

Nandas

i'm having the same problem 

Craig_in_Cambodia

Been experiencing this for a few weeks. Android 12, Google Pixel 6